Chapter Twenty Four

Kirstin woke up, yawning a bit as she stretched. Rain fell on the windows, the pitter patter of the drops making her calm down a bit. She smiled when she Avi sleeping on the recliner, his mouth wide open and his head back as he snored loudly. She laughed a bit, standing up so she could look around the house.

She heard a door open, no paying much attention as she looked at a picture of Scott and Mitch with four children. One had Down Syndrome who had a big smile on her face while the children that looked like twins were laughing. The youngest was asleep, cuddled in Mitch's arms. Scott and Mitch looked happy yet they had pain in their eyes, a pain that Kirstin couldn't distinguish.

Why do they look so sad?

A gasp took her out of her thoughts, turning around to see Mitch in a Little Mermaid onesie. The hoodie was up, the red cloth covering his blond hair. Mitch shook his head, beginning to breathe quickly as he teared up.

"Why are you here? I thought you were dead."

Kirstin shook her head, walking up to Mitch carefully. He backed up, shaking his head as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Mitch, it's me. Kirstin."

"I know you are. You're going to hurt me!"

"No, Mitch. That wasn't me! It was-"

Mitch sat on the stairs, crying loudly as he refused to look at Kirstin. Avi stirred around a bit, walking up himself. He raised an eyebrow at the sound of Mitch crying, standing up quickly to see Mitch crying and Kirstin standing next to him with a worried look on her face. Avi walked up to them, sitting down immediately.

"Mitch, what's the matter?"

"Kir-Kirstin is he-here! I do-don't want to be hu-hu-hurt anymore!"

Kirstin teared up herself, wondering how terribly Christina hurt him. Avi looked up at her sadly, looking at Mitch with a serious look on his face.

"Mitch? Kirstin did not hurt you, nor was she the one to hurt you."

"How do you know that though? That makes no sense!"

Avi sighed, trying to figure out how to explain this. He found a way, snapping his fingers as he looked back at Mitch.

"Do you know how there are people that like each other? Twins?"

"Yes, Alpha Avi."

"Well, Kirstin has a twin named Christina. Christina was supposed to go to rehab, but she made their mom think that Kirstin was her. She was the one who hurt you. Not Kirstin."

Mitch separated himself from Avi, standing up so he could look at Kirstin. It took a few seconds, but her hugged her tightly. Kirstin and Avi smiled t each other, Kirstin hugging Mitch back. Mitch sighed happily, tears still rolling down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry that I blamed you. If I knew that Christina was pretending to be you, I wouldn't have been scared of you. I'm sorry."

Kirstin frowned, looking back at Avi with a sad look in her eyes. Avi shook his head sadly, putting a hand on Mitch's back as he remembered what happened yesterday.

"Mitch, why were you being rude to Ben yesterday?"

Mitch's eyes turned blue quickly, separating himself from Kirstin quickly. He put his hands behind his back and straightened it, looking at Avi obediently.