(Real) Chapter Five

Mitch wanted to go The Council meeting with Scott.

The tall blond said no.

"Please, Scott," Mitch begged, fluttering his eyelashes. Scott shook his head, wanting to giggle. He must keep his composure though. "I'm bored at home. The kids are always asleep or crying and you and the others are at work! I'm a stay-at-home parent and I don't like it!"

"Mitch, I can't. I told you before; Italians are not allowed at Council meetings."

"Why does Jessa get to go them though?! She's Italian!"

"Let me rephrase that," Scott replied, giggling a bit. Mitch nodded, crossing his arms as he sat down sadly. "Italian males aren't allowed."

"Then I'll go as Lulu," Mitch suggested, thinking about his drag queen persona. Scott laughed, shaking his head as he thought of Mitch in a wig and a dress. He liked it though. "I'll be an Italian girl then."

"Mitchy?"

"Yes, Scotty?"

"Do you know what day it is?"

Mitch tilted his head, tapping his chin as he thought about the day. He finally gasped, glaring at Scott the best he could while the blond laughed hysterically.

"SCOTT RICHARD GRASSI-HOYING!"

"APRIL FOOLS!"

Mitch shook his head, trying his best not to laugh but giggles bubbled out of his mouth. He began to laugh hysterically, tears leaking out of his eyes as Scott laughed more. The Lead Alpha sat down, shaking his head as he hugged his husband.

"I'm so sorry, hon. Of course you could go. We just need someone to watch our children."

"We could call the babysitter so she could watch them," Mitch suggested, smiling softly as he rubbed his stomach. He frowned as he thought of Macy, looking up at Scott. "Prince Erik?"

"Yes, Princess Ariel?"

"I had a dream last night. It was about Macy. She was about five."

Scott looked at his husband, a confused look on his face as he looked over his husband. He shook his head, not believing it.

"Mitch, Macy is dead. There is no way you could what she looks like at five years old. It was probably a hallucination."

"I know what I saw though," Mitch spoke quietly, sighing as he thought about what Scott said. "I guess you're right. It was probably just me."

Scott frowned, not liking how the fun atmosphere turned somber in a small amount of time. He sighed, hugging his husband close to him as he hummed.

"You're okay, love. Grieve all you want to. Losing a baby is hard to go through. Well go through together and we'll be stronger in the end. How does that sound?"

Mitch giggled silently, playing with Scott's left hand. He smiled at the ring on his husband's ring finger, kissing it lightly so they will have a long life together. Scott smiled, kissing Mitch's temple as he played with the smaller fingers.

"You're my whole world, Mitchell. I love you so much, baby."

Mitch smiled, sighing in contentment as he closed his eyes.

"I love you too, my love."

~~~

"Esther, quit acting so rude and apologize to your brother! It's not that hard!"

Ether glared at her husband, shutting him up immediately. She shook her head, sighing in exasperation.

"I just want Mitch to not feel good about himself! Is that too much to ask for?!"