Chapter Six

"Soooo...what exactly does a Council Member do? Do they...council stuff?"

Scott laughed, shaking his head as he organized some papers. Mitch sat down, waiting patiently for a response. He didn't want to distract Scott from his work.

"Well, we usually talk about issues that are happening in today's society," Scott began, handing Mitch a big book. The Special looked at it, a big smile on his face.

"Are there pictures in here?!"

"I'm afraid not," Scott replied, laughing when Mitch frowned at the book. "Like I said before, The Council will talk about issues in the city. Once a month, every Council Member in Northern California will meet to see if any cities are in desperate need of new laws and any other issues within neighboring cities. Once a year, all the Councils will meet in L.A since that is where the highest ranks are. We will establish or abolish any laws we want to and discuss issues we're facing. Our most recent one was with The Committee."

"Was The Committee only in California?"

"Technically, yes. Other states have rouge groups similar to The Committee, some of which are too strong to overthrow. If it becomes worse in a state, one Council member from each state that does have an overthrown rouge group will go to that state."

Mitch nodded, opening the book so he could read it. The words were long she unheard of, to him at least. He looked up, shaking his head as he closed it.

"I could barely read this, Scott. I could only read little kid books."

Scott frowned, sitting down next to his husband so he could help him read. His blue eyes scanned the pages and he too wondered how he could read that. He sighed, hugging Mitch close.

"I'm sorry, baby," Scott whispered to him sweetly, brushing the violet hair back. Mitch looked at the book once more, nodding sadly. "You could rad chapter books though like Nate the Great and Cam Jensen. You just have to try your hardest. You could do it, baby. You are my special Special."

Mitch blushed, looking at the book once more. His eyes went to the first sentence, taking a deep breath before he started.

"A Council Member is an...an...extra...ordinary...why would it be extra ordinary?"

"Extraordinary. It's means remarkable. Keep going, baby."

"Okay. A Council Member is an extraordinary position to...withhold?"

"Yep."

"The Member is expected to do numerous tasks and jobs in order to make their city....um..."

"Righteous."

"Righteous. While makin sure everyone is sofa and has little to no interactions with harm. Did I say that right?"

"What? Interactions?"

"Yes. Did I say it wrong?"

"You're okay, baby. Keep going."

"A Council Member is special because of what they could do. They should not feel ashamed of their unusual powers. They have a power most ranks cannot po-po-posses. Feelings of shame and doubt come from Council Members because they do not how know how to deal with their powers. They are special, no matter what. Scott?"

"Yes, love?"

Mitch looked up at him, tears gathering in his eyes as he closed the book. Scott was quick to wipe away the tears, worry in his eyes.