Chapter Two

This chapter is dedicated to Scott Hoying. We love you, Scott. Stay strong as you go through this difficult time.:(

"Avi, if you yell Scömìche one more time..."

"And he did," Kevin murmured, causing Alyssa to shake her head and smile.

"So I took my shotgun and shot two warning shots!"

"Into his head."

"HE HAD IT COMING!"

The four of them laughed as they walked into the hospital, waiting anxiously to see Mariposa and Macy. Mitch was a few weeks early, but that was normal with twins. Scott texted them endless updates about how Mitch was doing and they were excited but became nervous after one text. They came as quick as they could go see what happened with their other baby.

"Why hasn't Scott texted us back yet?" Tori asked, frowning as she read her phone. "All I have is 'Mariposa Ariel is here! Macy Athena is coming!' Anything for you guys?"

"Nope," Alyssa answered, groaning when Ariel ran off. She left Erik with Kevin, running after her daughter. "Ariel Giana Olusola! Stop right now or you'll get a spanking!"

Ariel stopped, her eyes turning blue as her mom caught her. She walked back, looking up at her parents with apologetic eyes.

"Am I going to a punmish mint?"

"No, just stay here," Alyssa scolded, looking over at Kevin while shaking her head. "I swear, if you made me pregnant again..."

"The Olusolas will have world domination."

Alyssa rolled her eyes, smiling when Erik hugged her legs. Ariel stood by her dad, smiling when he picked her up. Tori smiled at Avi, holding Jordyn close to her.

"I want to have another child, Avi."

"Tori, you know that we can't do that," Avi reminded her sadly, bringing a frown to her face. "We could try, but you might not be able to be pregnant. I can't do anything."

"We could always, you know, have an I.V.F baby."

"I know, but that's expensive. I don't want you to spend your money on that if I won't be able to help. We'll find a way."

Tori nodded, smiling when she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around, smiling when she saw Ben, Jessi, and Jeremy coming inside. She ran to them, hugging them while Jordyn was in her arms.

"Oh my gosh! I missed you guys! How did you come here?!"

"We wanted to say hi," Jeremy answered, smiling when Ben and Jessi ran to the rest of the Pack. "We were going to drive to Scott and Mitch's home, but their car wasn't there. We then got the text message that Mariposa is coming so we came here as fast as we could. I'm happy we made it on time!"

Tori nodded as they walked over to the rest of the Pack, suddenly silent. They're happy that Scott and Mitch are having their children, but something seemed...wrong. The atmosphere was one of worry and doubt, not the usual happiness and joy that commences when a child is born.

"Jeremy?" Ben asked softly, getting his older brother's attention. "Was it like this when I was born? Was it this quiet?"

"A lot of people talked because they were happy to see you. It was never like this."

"I hope everything is okay," Jessi commented, frowning a bit. They smiled when Thomas came over to the Pack, frowning when they saw the tear tracks on his face.

"I have some bad news," Thomas began, his voice shaking. "Macy passed away. Mariposa is okay, but her sister died. I'm sorry."