Chapter Nineteen

Scott ran over to his a Council Member of his, whose name is Travis. Travis smiled at him weakly, his eyes full of worry. A week has passed since they were sent to Europe and so far, no progress has been made. The Pionners were nowhere to be found, which struck fear in the Council Members.

Where could The Pioneers be?

"Scott?"

"Yes, Travis?"

"Do you think that we will find The Pioneers? Do you think that we will win?"

Scott was about to answer, but me nothing came out. He sighed heavily, shrugging his shoulders as he looked around. Travis nodded, wanting nothing more than to go home and be with his family again.

"I honestly don't know, Travis. I want to go home too, but I must stay here and make sure that you and everyone else is okay and healthy. We cannot lose anyone and I will keep it that way, okay?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Travis, you could just call me Scott. Or Pri-"

Scott stopped himself, shaking his head as he thought about Mitch. He wanted nothing more than to hold his beautiful husband and help him find their children so they could be a family again. He misses them so much and he will do anything to be with them.

Anything.

"WE'VE SPOTTED A PIONEER!"

Scott made his eyes turn red, ready to fight off the Pioneer. Travis' eyes turned yellow, gripping onto the weapon everyone received to fight with. A female walked up to Scott, smirking a bit as she kissed his cheek.

"Did you miss me?"

Scott smiled as he looked down at Candice, shaking his head. He winked at her a bit, happy to see her.

"You wish."

Candice scoffed playfully, taking out her won weapon so The Pioneer will give up. Soon, a blond man walked out from the shadows with someone pushing him roughly. He smirked evilly, look directly at Scott. He shook his head, laughing loudly as he looked at Scott up and down.

"Scott Hoying, it's been so long! I've missed you."

Scott glared at the younger blond, taking the gun out of his pocket. The Pioneer smirked some more, smirking as Scott walked up to him.

"You have ten seconds to tell me why you and The Pioneers are attacking Europe, Ross Lynch. Tell me now or I will blow your brains out."

"Oh, so is that how you want to do it? Well, let's begin. Before Candice's dear father made The Committee, he was an advocate for The Pioneers. He believed in Omegas being publicly punished and humiliated. He believed in Betas studying so hard that they are being pushed to the point where they become crazy. He believed that Alphas should be strong and show no emotions or they will be weak and forced to change their ranking to Omega. He also believed that Specials and Divergents were plagues sent upon this world.

"He knew that he would not be heard, so he made The Committee after The Pioneers were overthrown. He adopted this beliefs and made revised rules so The Pioneers will be remembered forever. When The Committee was overthrown and he was executed, my family and I along with many others brought The Pioneers back for him and there is no way you could stop us."

"I can if I kill you!"

"But isn't that against The Council's rules? That you are not allowed to kill an enemy unless it is through execution? You can't kill me! I could kill you though."

Scott widened his eyes, his hands shaking as he looked at his gun. Ross pushed back The Council Member that held him, taking out his own gun. Ross smirked, raising it up as he prepared to shoot.