Pharaoh's Eye ♋ XXVI

Caira

"How you doing ?" I asked Gerald as I walked into his hospital room

"A little better, I'm good though . Your mother just left, where's Julius ?"

"I don't know, I just came from work . Do you need anything ?"

"Nah, I was just watching t.v . Can't wait to get out of here, I'm about to eat I want my damn room service ."

I smiled "This isn't a hotel,  they on a schedule . You'll get it when they feel like you need it ."

"I need to thank whoever in the kitchen though, I had a bomb ass omelet this morning . Had a nigga thinking he was at iHop this morning, I can't wait to get out of here ."

I laughed "You know they eggs fake ."

"Whether it come in a carton or not, they still hook it up ."

As I smiled it off he started struggling to get up, I grabbed his hand to help him .

"What do you need, I'll do it, what do you need ?"

"I'm just trying to go pee ." he said getting up

He slowly struggled walking to the bathroom that was only a few feet away, I continued to hold on to his hand .

"Caira, I got it ."

Soon and I let go he fumbled, I quickly held back on thinking he was going to fall any minute . I waited for him to come out the bathroom and walked him back to his bed, his dinner finally came in . It was a lean hamburger with a side of fries, he complained at first but that burger disappeared in seconds . He was praising the hell out of it afterwards, I fluffed his pillows and opened the blind to get some sun shine in there . I was at his beck and call all day, anytime he moved I was ready for anything .

"Do you need something, are you hot ?"

"Caira, it's cold in here I'm fine . It's getting late, you should go ."

"I'm fine, I don't have anything better to do . If it's cold I can turn down the temperature, are you thirsty I can get you something to drink ?"

'No, I like it cold . I'm not thirsty, thank you ."

"Are you hungry ? I can run to Mc Donalds, get you a real hamburger ."

"Caira ! I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine, I am fine ."

"Well let me fluff your pillow ."

"Caira, baby sit down I'm fine ."

"No you're not, I'm helping you ."

"I don't know how many times I can tell you I'm fine ."

"Maybe I'll go then and see you tomorrow ."

"Don't do me any favors, go home I'm fine ."

"What are you saying to don't want me here ?"

"No, I'm not trying to be mean but you doing to much . I don't need you to do anything for me, I appreciate it ."

"Screw you then ." I said getting up to leave

He grabbed my hand, I didn't want to face him "Caira, you're taking this the wrong way . I appreciate your help, I don't need it every 5 seconds though sweetie ."

"Let me go so I can go home then !" 

"Turn around, let me see you ."

"Gerald I'm trying to go now ."

"Turn around Caira, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings I know your're trying to help you don't need to cry ."

I turned around to face him as I wiped my face "I thought you would be glad I was here ."