Pharaoh's Eye ☽ Prophet

Hakeem

"You know it would mean a lot for you all to come."

"I know but Wes gets stationed out on that day and we have to be there," Caira said. I could here my niece cooing in the background over the phone.

"Why can't you just move back or somewhere closer, you know it's going to be a hassle to pick up and move every time he gets stationed somewhere new?"

"I know, but it's our life to live and with Ciara being a baby still I want her to be with him every second she can. Maybe when she gets older and she's in school I'll settle in one spot, till then this is going to be the way it is."

"I understand, I'll mail you a ticket anyway."

"I'm proud of you though, you are moving on to big things. You have an opportunity like no other, don't mess this up!"

"I told you once before ball is life, y'all niggas thought I was playing. The big leagues are calling my name now, I'm about to be swimming in punani."

"Long as you wrap it up I don't care what you do, nasty ass ... Better yet just don't tell me about your sex life cause I know you'll have stories for days."

I laughed, "You already know."

"I thought you was still on this one girl?"

"Who, Nastasia? Nah, I mean sort of we never did IT together. We just tease each other, I think we just going to be friends forever till I crack her code."

"Nigga females don't have passwords on they coochie, maybe if you just talk to her instead of playing mind games you might get somewhere with her."

"It don't matter no way, she's staying here to go to county I'm going out all the way to North Carolina."

"Well maybe it's best you don't get tied down while you in college, enjoy your youth trust me on that."

"I'm actually about to see her in few, but tell Wes I said what's up and kiss my little boo boo for me."

"Alright, watch yourself."

"Will do sis."

It's too bad that my sister can't make it out to my graduation but I know she'll be rooting for me from where she's at now. I can't believe some of the best years of my life just past me by, but it's only going to get better when people start recognizing me as NCU best small forward in the game. On a full ride scholarship I ain't got no worries on what's to come. If it wasn't my talent that got me in the door it sure would've been my grades, I know I act like a clown a lot but I'm far from a dummy. Pops wanted me to be like him and follow in his footsteps but I have my own dreams to pursue. His lifestyle involved assembling AK-47's, getting shot at, and long days away from home. I'm not for that, in his eyes I feel like I might not be considered a man cause I didn't take his route. But I'm a man in my own way and I'll show you I don't have to throw grenades to make a difference.

"Mr. Mackey, how are you?" I greeted Nastasia's father

"Mhmm," blatantly ignoring me as he read his newspaper.

"I'll be back daddy."

"Don't leave this lot, you hear me?"

"Loud and clear."

"Goodnight Mr. Mackey, see you Friday for the big day." Holding the door open for her as he continued to ignore me.

Since we couldn't leave the lot we just sat in my dad's car parked in front of her house.

"Your pops don't like me at all."

"Can't shake that good girl image, I'm his one and only what do you expect. Why else do you think I'm going to county instead? Just to be home for him."