Chapter 69: Missing My Babe

'Prepare sis for your mother is coming back. Be ready when they call you.' My sister Nancy texted me.

'Finally! I'll be waiting for the office to call me.' I texted back.

Today was the day my mother would return back to me after one long, dreadful, hateful month, it was about time she returned. I slammed my phone on the desk and started to hurry and pack my things in my bag. I was eager for this day to come. Next thing i knew it my teacher called my name.

"Danielle time for you to go home." He told me.

A smile for the first time in a month started to form in my lips. Everything was going by greatly until...

"Danielle call your sister." My dad told me.

We were in the car driving to my sister's place so she could take us to the airport. Little did I know that something felt empty. I dived my hands in my pocket and grabbed nothing. Something wasn't right over here. I was starting to panic when finally I realized what went missing.

"Danielle?" My dad slightly looked over and turned his glance back to the street.

"I-I lost it." I stammered.

"Lost what?" My father scowled.

I felt something in me get torn. A little piece of my heart slightly ripped from my chest. The one and only thing that kept me calm was finally gone. Out of all the things I felt rotten bad luck get to me.

"I lost my phone."

"Oh my goodness." My dad rolled his eyes. "It was about time."

"Huh?" I was lost.

"I told you you were going to lose it."

For the first time I felt something in me went dull. Just minutes ago I had it with me and now it was far from me. Worse part I had no clue where I left it.

"I swear I had it." I was beginning to anger. Angry with myself for out of all the days it had to get lost specifically the day my mother was going to return.

"Well what's gone stay gone. My father mumbled.

All through out the ride I kept cussing at myself for losing something that was part of my happiness. I lost so many things in my life that missing my phone felt that someone just died.

"Rest in peace wherever you are my love."

                                                                   ***********

"You what?!" My sister Nancy started to laugh.

"It's not funny. The love of my life is gone for good." I pouted.

"Hey I know how it feels." She shrugged. "Clumsy you."

"Not going to argue about that." She had a point.

"Don't worry sis maybe father will buy you a new one." Nancy winked towards my father.

"Oh don't you even think about it." My father frowned. "Heck It was her mother's not mine. Besides what use does she needs it?"

"But-" My sister started to protest.

"But nothing." My father crossed his arms. "Responsibility is a very hard thing to do. She lost it now she had to wait till she works."

"When I'm thirty." I sighed in defeat.

It was pointless arguing with my father.

One hour later~

"Shh... lets see if she finds us." My dad hushed all of us.

I for once did not like the plan. All I wanted to do was hug my mother and finally get to home. 

Not to mention mourn for my phone.

We waited for a while till the most precious moment arrived. I ran off from my dad, my brother, and my sister and ran towards my mother. I didn't care what my dad said all I wanted was to finally have my mother back.

"Mom!" I shouted.

Her eyes lit up and her beautiful smile formed.

Finally I had my mother in a tight hug. Right where she belonged.

Home.