Chapter 21: My Man

"You hurt me.....More than anything..." I felt the tip of the blade of a pocket knife in between my fingers.

Sharp and cold just like my heart.

"Is that what you wanted?" I smirked myself focusing on the tip of the blade. My name was printed on the handle of the knife.

"So you can protect yourself."  He once told me.

"From what?" I asked.

"Promise me you'll protect yourself. I won't always be by you."

 Each stroke was closer to what I wanted. "You hurt me..." I kept repeating. "You hurt me..." I stabbed the knife in the center of a stuffed bear, making all the fluff leak out of it. "Sorry Beary  but life isn't fair. Not even for you." Tossing the bear aside I start to rummage in the drawers of my room and flinging everything around me. "Your freaking words were all but lie!" I screamed. I felt useless, destroyed, weak....

I got in the corner of my room and started to miserably weep. Indeed I was miserable.

                                                        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Saturday June 2014~

Each day was a dream come true. I felt like a princess with the dream of her prince. He was the love of my life. But in love there always have to be obstacles. As much as I loved him, there was little I knew about him just like he knew practically nothing about me. All I knew about him were simple questions I could ask like his favorite color and hobby. The little information I've gotten about him is his favorite color is red, he likes to cook and was obsessed with the Marvel comic books, not to mention his real name wasn't even Joe to start with.

"It's Jesiah." He answered my question on the phone.

"I like it." I whispered, afraid my parents  would catch me hidden in my closet.

"Well I don't. Why you think I changed it to Joe?" He chuckled.

"Doesn't matter." I laughed. "I like that name. It's rare."

"Rare? I think weird like you." He laughed.

"How am I weird!" I gasped.

"I don't know could be that you like the color green, shy and quiet, and not to mention you have to say man  in practically every sentence."

"Man be grateful how I am. It's not always you find a girl rare  like me."

"I am grateful... Man." He mocked me.

Oh brother....

"By the way," I could hear him in the background doing something, "I have a question since you barely even ask me anything."

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"How much do you like me in a 1-10 scale?"

His question caught me off guard.

"I have to say an 8." I replied quickly, regretting I could take that reply back.