Chapter 99: Without A Mistake

It was all so real that somehow my skin amazingly got cured. Not only that but one by one I was becoming the happiest person standing in the face of the earth. I went through so much that I couldn't believe what everything was happening to me.

"Go ahead...call him." My father handed me his phone.

"Really?" I was smiling from ear to ear.

"Call him before I change my mind."

Without a second thought I was calling Joe.

"Hello?" His voice sent my heart fluttering.

"Joe?" My voice shook.

"Danielle? Is it really you?"

"Yes." I whispered.

"Are you okay?" He asked with worry in his voice.

"Are you busy today?" I went right to the question.

"No not at all why?"

"Come."

~~~~~~~~~~

I never believed in luck nor destiny. It took me so long to finally realize that well maybe it does exist. The one mistake that I thought was a mistake actually wasn't one. That first day Joe bumped me in the hallway meant nothing to me until I slowly ended up finding myself. I was always so insecure of myself that really my mistakes were all my fault.

Even so Joe and I had our ups and downs, I never stopped loving him.

One moment I was a nobody and soon I ended up with the best of friends, someone who loves me, seen by everyone, and listened for once.

That day Joe for the first time came over to my place.

At first it was awkward but then soon it was a dream come true. We talked, and ate, and best of all my parents were okay with everything. And right before he left, he handed me a small black box.

"I got a gift for you." He smiled.

I opened the small box and felt my heart scream.

Inside was a pretty silver necklace and bracelet.

"Thank you." I looked up at him.

Words were the least I could do. I hugged him and felt that for once I was happy.

This time there was without a doubt, a happy ending to my broken lonely heart.

All of things changed for me. Just like I changed, a whole chunk of people changed.

My parents that were the strictest of all human kind, softened and even let Joe come in.

My brother Steve who was the sweetest thing turned into someone who well simply I do not trust. Though I have faith he will change.

Ana who I thought was my best friend, only turned out to be my enemy and someone who I despise with all of my heart.

Emilio was one moment with me and the next he was gone.

Rose, Kaitlynn, Merlyn, and Alisha became my friends which at one point I had none. Thanks to these girls I found out that there are good people in this world.

Then me....

The shy girl found her voice.

The lonely one found true people in her life.

And found a place where she can be herself.

I thought I couldn't have all of that but destiny proved me wrong. One simple mistake led me to many more but there was one I will never regret...

My lovely mistake.

Meeting Joe.