Chapter 97: Freaky Thursday

"Where were you?!" My brother hissed at me.

"I told you I was leaving." I frowned and walked right past him.

I entered into the cool air library and went to the restroom to dry myself.

"Another wet one." The librarian laughed.

I just smiled and hurried inside. I locked myself in the restroom and first thing I did was stare at myself in the mirror.

I was smiling from ear to ear.

But all of that changed when my eyes trailed down to my hands.

"What in the world...."

I trail of small red dots covered my left hand. I stared to frantically wash it but instead I worsen it.

"Calm down Danielle it's simply just a rash." I took a deep breath.

My whole face saddened at the thought that my skin allergy has returned.

"Just a rash." I repeated. "Just a rash..." I washed my hands and washed my face as well.

Any moment now my parents will arrive and I must hide all evidence of my little adventure with Joe. I patted myself to dry and got out to where my brother stood soaking wet. Below him he formed a puddle of water. If it wasn't raining someone would have thought he peed himself.

"Why are you freaking wet?" I crossed my arms.

"I was freaking looking for you." He shivered.

"Me? What the heck for?" I was cross.

"You weren't in the library when I came. It stared to rain so hard that I was alerted there was a tornado warning. I was worried sick for you."

"Pluezz...." I rolled my eyes. "Doesn't explains why you are wet."

"I'm wet because I went to the Highschool three times to look for you!" He hissed.

"Or someone else..." I gritted my teeth. "I'm not stupid to know you went back to that bitch." The words escaped my mouth.

"What no." He placed his hand on his chest like the accusation hurt. "Believe it or not I was worried for you."

"Why?" I just had to ask.

"Danielle you are my sister that's why. I have to make sure you were safe."

"Have to?" I huff. "I'm the old one here not you." I fisted my hands. "Probably you used me as an excuse just to look for her."

"Look to be honest I saw her to...."

"Oh what a surprise..." I interrupted him with a smart ass sarcasm. "Who could have guessed?"

"To ask her if she knew where were you!" He finished off quickly.

"About me???" I rolled my eyes. "That person needs to know nothing about me!" I hissed.

"I just texted her. After the third time I give up and came back here in the library."

"What did the librarian say when you trailed water in here?" I changed the subject.

"Nothing. She told me it was okay and she gave me permission to use all the paper towels from the restroom."

"Well that sucks." I managed to crack a giggle.

He smiled back and started to waddle to where there was flooring instead of carpet. I walked to one of the nearest computers and decided best to do a little stalking before my parents would arrived. I hacked into Ana's email account and sure enough Steve and her have been talking about me.

S: Have you seen my sister in the highschool?

A: I'm in the bus.

S: Oh do you know if she is in there though?

A: No probably Duni is with her boyfriend. Oh my bad I meant Danni.

S: Oh okay.

"How dare you." I gritted my teeth.

I got into my and Rose's account that we used earlier and wrote a lovely message to her.

'I'm warning you. STAY. AWAY. FROM HIM.'

I silently. Laughed to myself when suddenly I felt someone twirl my pony tail in their finger. I looked back to have my heart jumped to see my father stand behind me. He smiled at me and waved for me to go.

Just when I was about to log off Ana sent back a message.

A: I don't want to fight anymore with you! Fine I give I will leave him alone!'

I logged off and cackle a smile.

That's what she say but I will make sure she actually does.

When I got in the car my smile once again faded.

"Why aren't you wet?" My mother asked.

I was red handed caught in the corner. I was about to admit my sin when unexpectedly my brother saved me.

He saved me with a lie....

"One of my friends walked with us to the library and he let Danielle borrow his umbrella."

"Aww what a nice person." My mother smiled.

Guilt wash over me. Even so I didn't lie, I remained quiet.

And being quiet made me part of the conspiracy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

One week later~

"She did what?!" I hear my mother yell from the room when I came out from my room.

I knew where this was going.

That day my brother decided to snitch on me. My parents hated me for all I did behind their backs. And when I mean hate, literally I mean HATE.

Worse off all an unexpected event happened.

Knock knock

"Hi there." My father opened the door.

"Hi there Jose." One of our neighbor lady stood in the doorway.

"Come on in." My father greeted her in.

"Actually..." She hesitated. "I only cane to tell you that there is a boy looking for Danielle."

"A boy?" My father's eyes went dark.

I quickly ran out from the living room and hid in my room.

He came... He actually came....

Next thing I knew it my father, my mother, and including my brother went out to see Joe outside. Leaving me locked up in the house worry sick what my family was going to do to poor Joe.

I once said," Nothing ever good last on me." I was afraid the same saying was going to happen. Just then my brother came back.

"Come outside."

"Wait what?" I froze. "What about...."

"Everything is okay." He shrugged and left.

Quickly I hurried outside and the first thing my heart did when my eyes landed on Joe was to squeal in excitement.

"Joe..." I smiled.

For just being an ordinary Thursday, it came out to be the freakiest of them all.

In front of me stood a smiling Joe;

And a mother and father that seemed like nothing had happened.

A little blossom sparkled in me.

Something tells me that this time Joe was a keeper.