Ch.21

I was in a guest room pacing back and forth. My grandfather has told me there is always danger in our line of work. I need to grow a thick layer of skin so I wouldn't get stepped on. I found that hard, I was caring, nice to everyone. But his voice kept ringing in my head.

There was a knock on the door. "Come in."

The door opened and Jonathan and Spanky stick there head in, but Spanky's the first to speak. "Hey are you ok? You look like you want to hurt someone" he smiled sheepishly.
"Not just her did you notice James face when she was leaving, if looks could kill" he smirked knowing exactly why he was mad.

I roll my eyes. "So why are you here? If all you ask is in ok then I'm fine, other than that I want to be alone, so git" I said coldly.

They look at each other and Jonathan walks out first, Spanky turns to me "if anything you can tell us, ok" he left closing the door behind him.

"Fuck" I yell throwing things around. Frustration is getting the best out of me. I go to the door open it a bit. "Danny I need you" I yell out.

In a few minutes his at the door. "What's up" he had just gotten out of the shower since his hair is wet and he only had a towel.

I pull him into my room, I look out to see if anyone saw. I'm met with this green blue eyes of anger. James. He looked my way and walked away.

I close the door, turn to Danny and sigh. "I need you to make shore that there will be guards all around today. I don't care how many or what. Something bigs gunna go down I can feel it" I run a hand threw my hair as I slide down the door.

Danny's on the bed. "Dose it have to do with your grandfather?"

"Yeah everything I do has, I need you to be with me at all times go it" he just nods and gets up.

"Ok so if that's all let me get dressed, I'll bring you something to eat just relax" he smiled at me. God this guy was the best at making me feel better.

I get up. "I'll be I James room, find me there after you get dressed and bring my food please" I wink and walk out with him.

I make my way to James room. I open the door and run and throw myself on the bed.

"Why are you here? Would have thought you be fucking him by know" an angry James is leaning on the door frame.

"Well from what I now my things are here and I wouldn't fuck him, his like a brother" I have this big grin while he still looks man. "Why you jealous?" I tease

He looks even more man. "No" he walks in and closes the door. "I just want to know what happened? Is it something that I should worry about?" He try's to glare me down

I shrug my shoulders. "Na, don't worry about it, it's nothing"

There's a mock on the door. I get up and run to the door. Danny hands me some food. "Here you are, eat and don't pick at it" he smiles. I roll my eyes "yes mother" I laugh, as he walked away flipping me off.

I turn back to James. "Wanna eat with me?" I smile innocently.

"I would love to but I got things I need to worry about first, I'll see you later" he walked out of the room.

I go to the bed lay there and start to eat. I turn on the tv and put on Netflix, Dexter was my tv show. Cuss ever since my grand father took me in, you can say I did some of those things.

I was on my 5 episode of season 2 and my phone goes of.i was so into the show I jumped a little. I grab it and it's my dad? I haven't spoke to him in years.

"Hello?" He sounded unsure
"Hey, old man it's been a while" I laugh
"Grim listen to me ok, don't say anything" he was frantic
"Dad what's going on? Are you ok?" Now I was worried
"We love you, we will always be with you understand no matter what life hits you with we are proud of you!! And I'm so sorry babydoll I really am. I'll pay for my sins in the long......."

Threw the phone I heard a gun shot and a scream. I sat up "dad, dad, fuck" I was yelling as loud as I could.

"Don't worry your family is in a better place, if you want your mom not to be next give us the trade" this voice was thick and heavy accent.

"Who are you?" Venom laced my words
"You will soon find out if you don't give up the trade" he laughed. I could hear my mom yelling don't do it, and a scream.

"Don't hurt my family you peace of shit, when I find who and where you are, you wish you never fucked with me" I yell at my phone

"I'll see you soon, weddings are so nice this time of year" and then hung up.

Danny was in my room looking around with a few of my men. I turned to him. "We have to be at the wedding something happen to my family, this son of a bitch will pay" I yell out with so much anger.

Danny walks up to me with caution. "Are you ok" he puts a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah I'm gunna start getting ready. You guys prepare and do the same" I walk to the bathroom and look back. "Move your ass now" I yell slamming the door.

I run a bath trying to relax. Fuck why me, why. That's all that I kept saying. I was worried, my dad could be dead, my moms next, what about Spanky, James, Jonathan, and Michele. I lay there smoking and drinking a little scotch.

Today would be a very unpleasant one for who ever is doing this!

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Thank you
Comment
Like
Share
✌🏼️🤘🏻🖖🏼