Chapter Fifty Three: Reveal

Hux PoV

Beside me, I felt Kylo stiffen. I did not know why but he was obviously upset. I did not want to alert the pilot to our presence. His ship had no insignia, but it was almost certainly a Resistance ship. If Kylo was not going to react, I would.

Before he could stop me, I took aim with my blaster and shot him point blank. I had it set on stun. I had no need to kill the pilot, yet. I stepped out from behind our hiding place and looked at the man I had just shot. He was older, with graying, brown hair.

"That's... My father." Kylo whispered beside me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't kill him, though. But we need to find that chip." I pitied Kylo but there were more important things going on.

"I don't think it's there. I cannot find it anywhere I was told to look." Kylo sounded irritated. "So now what?" He stood there, hands on his hips.

"I'm going to go through whatever Mr. Solo had on him." I knelt down and searched Solo's body. I knew who this was. Everyone did. He had been a Rebel Alliance hero. It was ironic that his son helped head up the First Order.

He had some credits and a holo projector with him. I stole that. Perhaps it would had a new location on it. Other than that, he had nothing of interest for me or Kylo.

"Let's go." I turned and walked away.

"Hux." I turned to see Kylo watching me intently. "Why didn't you kill Solo? He's probably with the Resistance."

"Because he's your father. It's not my place to kill someone's parent in front of them." I had a sense of honor. I summoned the ship.

"Thank you. I did not want him to die. He will die, by my hand, but not today." Sometimes the amount of steel Kylo had in him blew me away.

"I hope it satisfies you," I replied as I got ready to climb in the ship and rid myself of my filthy garb.

"Wait," Kylo held out a hand,"I sense something, something sinister in that direction. I feel like we should check it out."

I followed him cautiously. I did not take Kylo's warnings lightly. We walked into a cavern. It was slightly muddy underfoot and the walls glowed faintly with luminescent moss.

"Where are we?" I asked curiously, my hand on my blaster.

"I think this is where you can get a vision." Kylo sat on the floor of the cavern cross legged as I nervously watched.

"I have a bad feeling about this." I said. "You said that you might get a vision of your worst nightmare. Please don't panic and attack me."

"It will be fine. I wonder if you would be able to get the visions as well." Kylo looked at me. "Sit down," he told me,"and let yourself go."

I relaxed my body as I sat. I ignored the mud seeking through my cloak and he cold. I focused on nothingness, an encompassing blackness. Suddenly, I saw something. It was Kylo running at me, trying to kill me.

"You're an illusion!" I yelled at the image. It felt real though. I focused hard and I saw my father, someone I had not seen in years. He was furious. He was about to strike me, and I stood stiff and still, paralyzed by his wrath. I instinctively flinched and suddenly, I was back in the present. Kylo was holding me by the shoulders.

"Are you alright?" He asked me. "You were shaking and screaming. I don't think you even noticed."

"The visions." I gasped. "I saw my father trying to hurt me... And I saw you. You were coming in for the kill. You'd turned against me."

"Those are your biggest fears. Your father's wrath and my betrayal. It's good to know. You can work on it. Now let's get going."

This brief and uneventful excursion helped. I felt like I had revealed and laid bare my fears, I had given another piece of myself away. I wondered what Kylo saw. But that was a question for later.