Chapter Ten: Bonds

Kylo PoV

It was nearing time to leave. When this was complete, I would be another step closer to finding Luke Skywalker and finishing what my grandfather had started.

For this trip, we would bring no troopers. It would just be me and the general. I would keep an eye on him. I did not trust him not to betray or double cross me.

As I got onto the ship we would fly out to Kamino in, I heard the footsteps of Hux shortly behind me.

"General." I acknowledged his presence as I sat in the pilot's seat and did the preflight checks. He sat beside me, his posture stiff.

"Ren." He replied, his voice as stiff as his spine.

"Relax." I rolled my eyes under my mask as we prepared to leave the base. "What do you think I will do to you? I wouldn't dare kill the Supreme Leader's favorite officer." I added a little bit of sneering patronization into my words.

"Nothing. I just have no desire to be sharing any sort of space with you." Hux looked pained, as if someone truly was shoving a stick up his backside. "Going on a long trip with you is far from ideal, to my manner of thinking."

"Now that's a lie," I said as we ascended and shot out of the base and out of the atmosphere. "I know you're dying to share a room with me." I touched his cheek with my gloved hand. "Sadly, I have more important thins to attend to."

I enjoyed the look of anger and embarrassment on Hux's face when I said and did these things. On the other hand, I felt slightly guilty. I shoved that emotion down. That was just a trace of the Light Side showing through, something that needed to be stomped upon.

I looked sideways at Hux's face, now flushed with suppressed anger. His face was sharp, all cheekbones and sharp lines. His eyes were icy blue, like the glaciers of Hoth, and they contrasted sharply with his ginger hair which was neatly combed and parted. It was an attractive enough face... on a man who I had no positive regard for.

"Go shove your lightsaber up your-" I interrupted Hux by putting my hand over his mouth.

"Please don't make me murder you. Just enjoy your fantasies while I endeavor to get us to Kamino without proper flight charts." I removed my hand and set to studying the possibly navigation routes. I could see no plausible way of getting there quickly.

"What am I going to do with you Ren. Just because I find your body attractive does not mean that I have a desire to-"

I interrupted again with words of my own, annoyed with Hux's constant and bland denials. "I've seen what's in your mind. You struggle. You're conflicted. You don't know how you feel about me, but you admire my passion and charisma. Am I right, General?" I asked, relishing in his shocked look.

"Your accuracy is of little consequence to this mission, Ren. If you want to talk, I suggest that we bond after we acquire that chip." He stood up and left the cockpit, slamming the door behind him. I chose that moment to engage light speed and I was able to hear the curses of Hux subsequently losing his balance.

He was a joke, and I needed to stay focused. There would be no time to "bond" in our relationship. It was a strictly professional one. I saw no need for any relationships. I was no fool. I knew that things would work best if I was alone.  Companions were for the week, I was strong, and would soon be stronger than even Vader. This time with Hux was naught more than just a test if patience.