Chapter Twenty Six: Mission

Kylo PoV

To get fake licenses for anything, at least this is what I was told, one had to go down into the Coruscant underworld. There were people down there who could get their hands on anything.

Attired as bounty hunters, both Hux and I ventured deep into the lower levels of the city, the place where so recently Hux had been hurt.

I could tell he was nervous. I put my hand over his and squeezed as our transport took us farther into the underbelly of the metropolis. "Don't worry. This time, we are both armed." I muttered this to him as our transport shuddered to a stop on a dingy street.

After paying the driver, we walked into a loud cantina full of unsavory beings. Both Hux and I wrinkled our noses at the scent of unwashed bodies and blood in the room.

"This is disgusting," muttered Hux as we walked through the crowded bar. A drunk Nautolan stumbled into me and I pushed him aside.

We found seats at the bar and ordered drinks. The Toydarian bartender looked at Hux a little weird. "Whataya want?" He drawled at us both. "You look a bit wealthy to be in the underworld."

"We are looking for someone who can get us... authentic looking identities." Hux leaned forward on his elbows.

"Welllll...." The Toydarian managed to drag out one syllable into about ten seconds. "You can always talk to that Twi'lek and his Nautolan partner. They forge identities... for a price, of course." He looked at me. "Do you want a drink?"

"Just some of that Kashyyyk style whiskey. The good stuff that the Wookiees drink." I had drank that stuff when I was younger. It had been an acquired taste. But I had definitely acquired it.

The bartender handed me the drink, and I downed it in one gulp. I then turned to see that Hux had already gone off to where the vibrantly colored alien duo sat.

"Thanks for waiting up," I stifled a belch as I slid beside him. The Twi'lek was a Lethan, a rare hue of red. His partner was a Nautolan with pale, blue-grey skin freckled with black spots on his head tails.

Both wore basic leather over light body armor. Both had blasters sitting out in the open. Neither looked exactly hospitable. The Twi'lek seemed to be the Nautolan's subservient, as the Nautolan gave all the orders and do the negotiating.

We also found out that yes, they could get us licensed. Their names were Ardon, in the case of the Twi'lek, and Sevet, the Nautolan. They also apparently came highly regarded and were not cheap.

"So," Sevet said, "for five thousand a piece I'll make you both authentic and passable IDs. What're your names? What planets do you wanna be from? And also, what kind of -ology are you atudying?"

"I'm Jacen Crise," Hux said,"he's Ben Riannan. I'll spell it out. R-I-A-double 'n'-A-N."

"Great." Sevet pulled out a datapad and made a seeming note of it. "And Jacen is spelled J-A-C-E-N, right?" Hux nodded. "Good." The Nautolan looked up at me. "What're your 'fields of studies'?"

"We'll be archaeologists," I winked at Hux. "And our home planet can be Corellia. I spent a lot of time there as a kid. It won't be hard to feign knowledge of that planet."

"Good." Sevet typed all of it down. "Now cough it up and we will have this to your home tomorrow morning."

"Fine." I watched Hux look in one of his pockets and hand the men two ten thousand credit chips. "Keep the change, gentleman. It's been nice working with you."

"Thank you." Sevet smirked at his partner who had remained silent, just glaring at us for the whole transaction.
"Would you mind giving me the address of your domicile?"

"Not a problem," I said, quietly typing the address onto his datapad. "There you go. I'll see you tomorrow. Please knock."

We both walked out of there after bidding Sevet and Ardon farewell.

"So, we are a go?" Hux asked me. "I feel surprisedly proud in our teamwork."

"Yes. This will prevent us from having to break into the Temple and give us a valid reason to relieve the Archives of the datachip." I was proud as well. I felt giddy.

"Good. Are we still gonna go for dinner? One evening of fun before we get to slogging around the ruins of the Jedi Temple." Hux smirked. "I know it's not like me to want to shirk duty, but I really just want to let go for one night. One night in my structured, disciplined life." He stopped walking and looked at me in the eyes. "I want a glorious night to remember." I could feel his emotions. He was eager, overjoyed, fighting down discipline and trying to let go of a rigidness that had probably defined his whole life.

"You let your hair down last night and that did not go so well," I responded instinctively, and then immediately regretted it when I saw the look on Hux's face.

"Are you going to shove that in my face? A twisted 'I told you so'?" Hux looked ready to kill me. It was quite the change from fifteen seconds ago. "I apologized for that. I only went out there to just get your attention-to make you jealous! But you probably already knew that if you took your typical liberties with my thoughts." I could feel the bitterness in his voice.

"I'm sorry," I said softly. "I should not have said that. If we have any arguments we need to leave them out of this mission. In all honesty, I think that maybe we should leave our relationship out of it as well." I looked down at my feet. I felt like my heart was splintering. I had had about twelve hours of bliss and then reality had hit me. From the look on Hux's face, I could tell the same thing had happened to him. "Our feelings will keep us from being objective about our choices and plans."

Hux sighed greatly. "I know you're right. I just wish, and this is the only time I will ever say this, that you were wrong. But you're not. We need to stay focused." Hux's shoulders slumped a little bit. "I love you though, bad temper and impetuousness and all. When this is over, I wish we could just take a break. But we can't. We need to bring order. There will be another time, when we have succeeded in our goals." He hugged me close. He leaned his face up and kissed me gently on the lips. "Mission orientated only, Kylo. I'm sorry."

"I am too." I held him close. I hoped that someday this would work out. Maybe we could have a future after we healed the galaxy. For now, however, we had to focus on the mission. Our priority had to remain on finding the missing data about the map to Skywalker. That was the hateful reality.

Sorry for this being so long, but it was very emotional to right for me :) I hope you enjoy and don't hate me for this lol. Poor kylo and Hux  ~Ky