Chapter Twenty Five: Cohesive

Hux PoV

I woke up the next morning with someone's arm over my chest. I was puzzled at first until all of the events of last night cut into my head. That had been a horrible experience. I had never felt so violated and horrified, yet I had been weak and foolish. I had been stupid to not bring a weapon.

I hoped that Kylo would never look into my mind. I hoped he would never see me in that weakened state. I watched him sleep. He looked so peaceful and calm. His mouth was slightly open, and he was drooling onto his pillow. His dark eyes, normally full of rage and alternating passion were shut. He had thick, dark eyelashes and very fair skin. His hair was everywhere, and I noticed that his nose was a little crooked, as was his jawline. But to me, it only added to his good looks.

Kylo yawned, then stretched as he slept. Then, his eyes slowly opened. "Good morning," he yawned as he shook off the last vestiges of sleep from himself.

"Good morning," I replied, suddenly conscious of the fact that I was shirtless and in his bed. I endeavored to roll out of the bed, and I managed to entangle my legs and trip.

"Graceful, very graceful of you." Kylo grinned at me. "How'd you sleep?" He asked, his voice softening almost imperceptibly, but I heard it.

"Well," I replied honestly,"you snore though." I had heard him make these quiet little snuffling noises, like a burrowing, small animal, as he slept.

"Sorry," he grimaced slightly, then leaned over and kissed me on the forehead. "You'll be mine then?" He asked me shyly, a hint of color rising to his cheeks as he asked.

"I guess I shall." I smirked at him and stood up off of the floor. "I never thought I would say that I would willingly spend more time with you than necessary. But something about you is just plain attractive. I wish I could explain it better." I smiled at him, taking in this moment as beautiful. I did not know how many more beautiful moments I would have. In the life that both I and Ren lived, we could die any day from an attack or sabotage or even an accident in the construction. Every moment was to be savored and precious.

"We were drawn to each other," Kylo wrapped his arms around me,"my inner rebel and fiery attitude were drawn to your icy approach to everything and lack of outward flame. It didn't take long to realize that you were just as passionate as I was, though. After that, it was smoothing out details."

"That's beautiful," I replied, smilingly drunkenly. "So what's the plan today?" I put my face against his bare neck, marveling the smoothness, and my own nerve.

"We need to get up to that restaurant and put our cameras up this evening. Until then, I was thinking we could go and see about fake licenses to get into the Jedi Temple " Kylo did not let go of me but he had relaxed greatly.

"Sounds good. When do we start?" I asked, ready to get dressed and go, but wishing we could stay longer.

"Sadly, now, the sooner the better." Kylo let go of me and changed into inconspicuous garb, as did I. Together, we walked out of the apartment a completely changed team.

Both inside and outside of our goals, we were now a bonded and cohesive team. I felt as if though we could conquer the world with our power and passion, and perhaps, we would.