Chapter Seven: Fury

Hux PoV

I had never felt so humiliated and angry with someone in my life as I did with Kylo Ren at this moment. I pulled my clothing on, as if it would shield me from the mocking amusement in Ren's voice. I wanted to slap the arrogance out of his voice.

I sat in the cockpit by the trooper pilot. "When will we arrive at the base?" I asked coldly, endeavoring to maintain a professional tone.

"In about fifteen minutes, general. I am contacting the base now to alert them that it is time to lower the shields so we can land." The trooper replied as he pressed a button on the console. "TK-2108 requesting permission to land and a lowering of the shield?"

"Permission granted," came the reply from the planet below them,"welcome back, TK-2108 and crew."

I decided against alerting Ren of the imminent landing. I strongly wished that there was a way I could gas him as he had isolated himself in the cabin. Sadly, I doubted that the Supreme Leader would like it if I did that.

We landed smoothly in one of the massive hangars on the ship and I disembarked along with the troopers and Ren. I walked straight to my chambers, ignoring Ren, and everyone else for that matter. I needed time alone.

I walked through the corridors of the base. It was primarily a skeleton at this point, the only completed areas being the officer's quarters, the trooper area, and the hangar. Hopefully we would have the shield generators more stabilized soon. They had worked today, but sometimes the shields would refuse to shut down, which proved a problem at times.

I mulled over this problem as I keyed in the code to my personal quarters and let the door slide shut. I sat on my bed and put my head in my hands. This would only make working with Ren harder.

I did not want to know what would happen if the Supreme Leader heard of my inexplicable attraction for his protege. I did not know much about the "Sith" but if they were anything about the Jedi, my feelings would not be appreciated.

In all honesty, I could not explain my emotions. Ren was an unstable, rude, temperamental, and illogical person. He was everything that I was not. There was nothing about him, appearance aside, that was attractive, yet I was drawn to him in a way that I had never been drawn to anyone in my life.

What was I thinking? This man was below me. I could have the pick of any being I wanted, yet I picked Kylo Ren as the object of my attraction. He was the son of a traitor and a smuggler, he himself had betrayed his master, he was little more than an impetuous, moody, child.

But maybe that was why I found attraction for him. He was different. True, I had seen many attractive and enigmatic beings in my life. As the son of a high ranking Imperial official, I had had my pick of any number of attractive and powerful beings. But all of them were the same. No one was notably magnetic or of interest to me. They were all just rank and file beings, born into powerful families and possessing a modicum of power. None of them seemed particularly zealous to re establish order and ally with the First Order.

That's what I wanted. Someone to not only share my life with, but my passion and my ambition. The beings I had known by my connections were willing to share my life but not their loyalty. They were not willing to put everything on the line to establish order.

Perhaps that was why I was attracted to Kylo. Albeit for different reasons, he shared my zeal. I could not be distracted. I could not let the fear of possible confrontation with Snoke move me into passiveness. I would be strong, ruthless, whatever it took. I would restore the galaxy to order, just like the Empire. I would turn my fury into a weapon and use passion to drive my actions, encased in an icy shell determination and apathy. Emotions would not rule, only fuel me. They would be the makers not products of my actions.