Chapter Twenty Nine: Regret

Hux PoV

As I watched Kylo storm out, I sighed in frustration. He frustrated me as a whole, despite my affection for him. I apologized profusely for the man he had nearly plowed over and grabbed Kylo's jacket off the table and walked out of the restaurant.

I turned and looked for him outside. He was nowhere to be found. Something was not right. Something was very wrong. I hailed a taxi and rode to the apartment, hoping that he was just heading there.

When I opened the apartment door and found nothing there, my concern became more pronounced. Something was up.

It was time to use my secret weapon. I had never told Kylo about it, and he had never sensed it. I had hidden a microscopic tracking device in his first drink on Coruscant, so I could find him anywhere. It was programmed to attach itself to the inside of his stomach. I should be able to find him anywhere.

I went to the basic computer in the apartment and plugged in my half of the tracker. A map of the galaxy popped up, and it showed that Kylo was still on Coruscant and moving. He was moving.

I promptly inserted the chip into my somewhat more portable datapad. A map of Coruscant showed a moving dot heading towards the Coruscant Underworld.

"This can't be good," I muttered as I holstered a blaster and grabbed a blade to put in my sleeve. Holding the datapad, I hitched a ride into the underbelly of Coruscant to find Kylo.

I followed the trail to a large apartment type building in the base of the city. It smelled putrid down here, and I was pretty sure I had stepped in something that was not meant to make contact with my foot.

My first instinct was to call out for Kylo, but I knew better than that. I needed to stay calm and be silent. Then, and only then, would I find my lost Dark Jedi.

I walked into the building, bracing myself for the worst. Nothing came, yet. Suddenly, from above me, I heard a blood curdling scream. It sounded like Kylo.

"Oh no..." I muttered as I jumped into a lift and made it up to the twelfth floor in a few seconds. I checked the pad; I  was in the right place on the right floor. I turned the datapad off and walked slowly down the hallway into a large main room.

There was a suspended field above the floor in the middle of the room. Kylo hung there, half naked. In the dim light, I could see his things laid to the side in a corner.

His captors were not known to me, but that did not mean they were less deadly. "Who are you?" I demanded, fighting to keep my voice cool.

"Stay out of our way. We are collecting a bounty and filling a score." There were two captors: a Togruta male and a female Clawdite who sat in her natural form and watched.

"He's my friend," I replied anxiously. "Who even put a bounty on him?"

"Some people on this planet.... Naboo. They said he killed a lot of people. Some of those relatives pooled together a 100000 credits to hunt him down. We found him drunk on a sidewalk. It was so easy!" The Togruta looked more proud and happy than he deserved.

"I want my friend back," I did not have any desire to bicker with bounty hunters.

"Do you have 111000 credits? I doubt it. Unless you do, he's mine." The Togruta sneered as the Trandoshan watched.

"I don't want to do this, but-" I pulled out my pistol and shot a hole in the wall. "Give.him.back," I snapped.

"Not a chance, boy." The Trandoshan shot three rounds from his sniper rifle. I dodged all three and returned fire, looking for a way to release Kylo.

I found the switch and pulled it. Kylo's body hit the floor limply as I squared off with the hunters. "Come and get me!" I ran off, firing behind me.

I had to get Kylo out. This was the only way I had now. It had to work. I did not want to regret it forever.

(This chapter sucks but I'm sick and tired lol)