Chapter 26

I opened my eyes slowly seeing only darkness, there was a rustling to my side and I became motionless. As sound got closer and closer I could feel my heart beat speeding up; the rustling stopped right to my left so I carefully swiveled my head to my left. The sight caught me off guard but my heart started to slow down, right beside me was a beautiful unicorn grazing in the grass.

I wondered how long I had been sitting next to this tree but I knew it couldn’t have been too long as I heard my name being shouted in the distance. I stood up slowly making sure I did not startle the unicorn beside me, within a second the unicorn cried and ran off deeper into the forest.

I tried to run but my feet were glued to the spot “So I take it that you’re Stacy; the one they’re looking for.”

My eyes scanned the forest but nothing was in my range of sight “Who are you?” I shouted into the air.

A figure came into view in front of me, it was a centaur “I am a friend of Hogwarts and I came to warn you.”

I slowly backed away “Warn me of what?” He circled me, but I noticed he was staring at my stomach so I covered it with my arms causing his eyes to move to mine.

“Do not let him control the child or it will be the end of our world. You will protect this world from him, but it will cost the life of the child; do not let your feelings consume you. I shall see you soon Stacy Riddle.”

Before I could ask how he knew me, he was gone “Stacy!” I heard the shouting closer than before so I walked towards the voices. I stepped into an opening to see Snape, Draco, Hagrid, and Ginny; Draco ran up to me and held me in his arms which felt so warm and comforting.

“Are you alright? Nothing attacked you did it?” I shook my head to everything he asked.

“Let’s go to my office. I would like to know exactly what happened tonight.”

Draco let me go and walked up to Snape “Professor, Stacy has just been in the forest for over two hours. Don’t you believe she needs to rest in her bed now and your questioning can wait until she is fully rested?” I could tell by his voice that Draco was beyond upset.

“I am sorry Mr. Malfoy but this needs to be sorted out now. You are welcome to join so you may escort Ms. Riddle back to her dormitory when we are through.” Snape spoke just as calmly as usual and walked through the forest.

Draco came back to my side and held my waist as we walked behind everyone else “What happened? How did you end up out here?”

I couldn’t tell Draco what happened in Snape’s office so I made up a story “I hexed another student on accident so I got detention tonight which Weasley and her two friends had too. The rest I will tell you when I tell Snape.” Draco just nodded and guided me out of the forest and towards Snape’s office.

 “Ms. Riddle can you tell me your side of the story since we have already heard Ms. Weasley’s?” Snape looked down at me with a look of worry.

I fiddled with my fingers until I could speak “It’s exactly as she told Professor Snape. We started arguing and lost sight of Hagrid then our voices brought these creatures around us so I used some magic to open a way to get out but I fell behind. I just hid myself under a tree until I got the strength back to return to the castle.”

Snape sat back in his chair “Well it seems as though Ms. Riddle saved your life Ms. Weasley. What happened between the time you got separated from Ms. Weasley until we found you?”

My legs started to shake as I remembered the fear that overcame me in the forest “Not-nothing professor. Just woke up to Draco yelling for me and I walked to find you all.” my voice crackled form my shaking.