Chapter 19

Stacy’s POV (Day of the Attack):

I grabbed my cloak from my closet and wrapped it around my shoulders, suddenly I felt arms wrap around my waist and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck.

“Please be careful out there.”

His breath made the hairs on my neck stand on end, “Draco I will be fine don’t worry. You know I am the strongest one here.” I said turning around to look at him.

Draco looked down at me “I’m not worried that you will get hurt, I am worried about Cross being your partner in this. I don’t think he would protect you out there and are you sure you can do this? You know Granger and the Weasle will be with Potter.”

I started to feel uneasy “I know they will be but I have to do this.”

I kissed Draco’s cheek and walked out of my room but before leaving I looked back at him “Oh and Draco their names are Hermione and Ron. Don’t you forget that.” I smiled and left the room.

I walked down to the dining hall where everyone stood waiting for me “Ah Stacy, we were waiting for you. Now everyone Potter will be moved from his home tonight so we will be waiting above the clouds ready to attack when they reach the sky.”

Everyone nodded in agreement and grabbed their brooms. I grabbed my Nimbus 2002 and walked outside, Cross stood right beside me with his broom “You ready Riddle?” he asked.

I mounted my broom and lifted off into the sky ignoring Cross behind me.

We arrived at the designated spot, I sat on my broom looking down at the clouds waiting for some movement below.

Suddenly I saw a flash of light out of the corner of my eye, but before I could turn to look I was almost thrown off my broom by a spell directed towards me. I saw Harry on a winged creature and flew over to them, dodging spells thrown around me, I put up a shield around myself until I got close enough to Harry.

When he saw me he did something very unexpected, Harry started to cry that’s when I noticed it. This wasn’t Harry this was Hermione I noticed from the gestures and the way she moved “I’m so sorry Hermione!” I tried to yell out to her.

I looked behind to see Cross coming up to me but he had his wand pointed right at Hermione, without thinking I shielded Hermione making Cross’ spell rebound and knock him off his broom. Hermione looked at me shocked and I couldn’t help but feel the tears in my eyes. I flew towards the other side of the sky making sure that none of the Harry’s got hurt, as soon as I caught sight of Voldemort I watched a flash of green fly towards Harry. I was about to scream out but Harry disappeared causing the spell to hit a man with a weird eye. I watched in shock as he fell from his broom lifeless towards the ground, just as I was about to help him I suddenly felt my arm burn, looking around I noticed a cloud of smoke racing towards the other end of the sky. I quickly knew that it was my father going after Harry, I leaned forward trying to get to Harry before my father does but it didn’t look like I would make it time.

When I finally caught up to them I watched in horror as Harry started to plummet to the ground on a motorcycle, I noticed Voldemort stop and hit something when Harry suddenly disappeared. That’s when I realized they must have created a barrier to protect Harry when he got to his destination. My head sunk low knowing that I would not be able to be there for Harry, Ron, and Hermione to help them destroy Voldemort, I set myself down on the ground near the place where Harry disappeared. I looked around hoping that I would be able to catch a glimpse of Harry, but there was nothing but darkness around me “Good luck Harry.” I whispered feeling as though he was somewhere near enough to hear me, I grabbed my broom and disapparated back to the manor.