Chapter 12

“Stacy Riddle… my daughter!”

There was a mixture of gasps and applause, I clung to the rail almost ready to collapse. I took a deep breath and turned to Voldemort “How is it possible? I have been with my parents since I was born or at least as far back as I can remember. They had pictures of me since I was a baby.”

He just smirked “My dear Stacy I am your father. There was once a time when I fell in love but that changed the day you were born. Your mother took you and betrayed me leaving with that filthy Thompson!” he spat the words out making me cringe.

“Is that why you killed them?!” I yelled catching the attention of the guests downstairs.

“I sent for you. Your mother and that pathetic fool got in the way and my people may have just protected themselves.” I could hear a muffled laugh when he said this.

“My dear daughter now that you are finally returned to where you belong everything is as it should have been years ago. You will be by my side when we take over the wizarding world and destroy Potter.” he turned away, but stopped, “Oh and my dear I may be your father but I am also Lord Voldemort and I have given you a task that will be completed.”

I watched him as he walked downstairs and back into the dining hall. I could feel the tears roll down my cheeks, this is the worst thing that has happened to me, my parents were murdered by my father that has chosen me to complete an unforgivable task. I felt a hand on my shoulder, when I looked up I saw Narcissa standing beside me

“I couldn’t tell you dear I’m sorry. But I do know that your parents gave their lives for you, so you should make them proud.” she whispered into my ear.

I smiled and nodded, she wiped the tears from my cheeks, patted my shoulder and walked back downstairs. I walked down the stairs and stopped at the bottom looking around for Draco but instead his father came up beside me

“So now you know the truth. How does it feel to be the heir of a dark wizard and be the reason for the fall of the wizarding world?” he said very slyly.

I started to feel the tears form in my eye, but I wasn’t going to let Lucius get to me “You wouldn’t happen to know where Draco is do you?” I asked as politely as I could.

“Oh is he not here. You know I did see him leave right after the announcement, maybe he realized that you being the Dark Lord’s daughter will conflict with the task that was set upon him and the relationship you two think you have.” he said smirking.

I felt anger rise up inside of me “Well I’m sorry to say but Lucius I believe that my relationship with the Dark Lord will not affect my relationship with your son.” I spat venomously.

I walked to the balcony to get fresh air outside, I stared up at the stars holding on to the locket hanging from my neck

“It’s a beautiful night isn’t it?” the voice behind me was calm.

“Yes it is. I remembered I used to look up at the stars in the night when I couldn’t figure something out. Staring at them helps me clear my mind.” I said turning around to see Snape standing behind me.

“Do you now understand why I told you to know where you stand?” I nodded not being able to speak.

“He still cares for you if you’re wondering. He may be a bit more cautious now because of the Dark Lord but his feelings for you haven’t changed. I shall see you when the school term begins.” he said walking away.

“But what about my training? I believe that I need to work on it as much as possible now.”

It looked as though he wanted to smile but it ended in a smirk, I guess Snape rarely smiled, “You have enough time to practice once school begins. Make the most of the rest of your vacation because it won’t last long.” and with that he walked away.