Chapter 18 (Part 2)

I woke up with the dress sticking to my body, images from last night came flooding through my mind and I held my head in my hands feeling the pain in my chest start to build up in me. I walked over to my bathroom and looked in the mirror noticing my eyes were red and puffy from all the crying last night.

I got into the shower letting the scalding water flow over my body, just as my mind reverted back to the events of last night I slid to the floor of the shower and started crying again. My heart couldn’t handle this hurt, I had lost him, I lost Draco.

No, wait, I didn’t lose him, he left me. Draco walked out of my life after he said he loved me, after he said he wanted to marry me. Something wasn’t right about last night, there was just something in my heart that told me Draco didn’t mean what he said last night. Well I didn’t care anymore, Draco is gone and I just have to move on no matter how much it hurts me to not have him. I finished my shower and walked back out into my room, looking for something to wear I heard a knock at my door.

I stood at my closet not moving in the slightest “Ms. Riddle, my Lord has sent me to tell you that we will be having a meeting tonight at 6. Also I hope you are feeling better from last night.” I heard the footsteps disappear downstairs.

Did Alexander just address me by my last name and hope I was feeling better? There really was something very weird about last night, how did Alexander find me anyway? Oh well maybe he was sent out to look for me and came up on me, I thought.

I changed into black skinny jeans and a regular t-shirt, I didn’t feel like dressing up today but I know I would have to dress up tonight.  

I sat on the edge of my window and looked out into the garden unable to step a foot out of my room unless I had to, in case I had to face him. I felt my heart clench as I saw the fountain from my bedroom window, I stayed staring out my window until the sun started to set.

“Stacy, honey you need to eat something. I brought you some food can I come in?” I heard Narcissa from the other side of my door. I unlocked the door staying at my seat on the windowsill, Narcissa walked in after hearing it unlock and set a tray down my bed.

She walked over to me and hugged me “Dear what happened last night?”

I continued to stare out the window unwilling to look at her, I took a deep breath and retold the story of my horrible night.

After I finished she sat down on my bed and put her head down, “That doesn’t sound like my Draco. I mean yes he can be hurtful because of his father but I know he would never hurt you of all people. He loves you so much and he has since the first time he saw you in Madame Malkin’s shop.”

My head sprung up at her words “How do you know we first saw each other at Madame Malkin’s?”

Narcissa just smiled at me “I was there with him and he asked me if I knew who you were. He didn’t stop asking questions, that’s when I realized he was falling for you. Draco has never been one to talk about his feelings but when he saw you I started to see something different in him, like there was more life in him even with his task.” I could see the tears rolling down her cheeks as she spoke.

I walked over and sat beside her “Narcissa do you really believe Draco loves me and he couldn’t have told me those things last night?” she looked at me, her eyes were so sad.

“Yes Stacy I do believe that Draco loves you with everything he has. Have you thought of reliving that memory and making sure it really happened?”

I was confused “What do you mean relive that memory?” I asked.

She stood up and left my room, I sat there staring at the door wondering what just happened, a minute later she came back with a giant-looking bowl. “This is a pensieve Stacy. You can pull memories from your mind and put them in here to watch them, it will probably help you because you can see them through another perspective.”