Into Draco's Mind

A/N: This is not the next chapter in the story. It is a chapter based on the feelings and in insight into Draco's mind after Stacy is in the hospital wing. It takes place after she goes in and before the next day. I think it will help and give a more detailed description of how Draco feels about the news.

-------------------------------------------------

I stayed by Stacy’s bed side when the bell tolled for curfew “Mr. Malfoy, I’m sorry to say but you cannot stay here after curfew. You must return to your dormitory.” Madame Pomfrey was at my side.

“I am not going anywhere.”

“That will not do Mr. Malfoy, you must return to your room at once.” Snape walked into the infirmary.

I stood up and leaned over Stacy kissing her forehead, as I walked out I took one more glance behind me and left. I got to the portrait of the common room, but couldn’t bring myself to go in “She will be alright. She has always been strong no matter what happens to her, she used to get in fights all the time even before she knew she was a witch.”

I looked up at the portrait and could feel my eyes burn, Stacy looked so much like her mother; I turned away and walked down to the second floor girl’s lavatory like I did last year when I needed some time away from my task. I sat on the windowsill of the lavatory, I can’t go back to the common room not while Stacy is hurt, and it would just make me think even more of her not being there.

I was so confused, I am going to have a child and I don’t even know how to act as a father. What am I going to do to protect the both of them? The Dark Lord has risen and now we are bringing a baby into this world full of darkness, no I refuse to think about that.

“Draco?”

My head whipped in the direction of the voice “Oh hello Myrtle, I’m sorry I never came back to talk to you.”

Moaning Myrtle sat on the windowsill across from me “I heard you got a girlfriend, was she the one that saved you from Harry’s curse last year?”

I nodded; remembering that day brought the tears down my face, it seemed Stacy was always there for me even when I didn’t expect her to be. “She is really pretty, but why are you here now and not with her?”

“She is hurt in the hospital wing because she got hurt dueling and it was my fault. If I had just been watching her more closely this wouldn’t have happened and she wouldn’t have been afraid to tell me she was pregnant.” I sobbed into my arms.

“Maybe she did it because of another reason and didn’t want you to worry about her. I think she wanted to tell you that she was pregnant but couldn’t because then you might have been upset or worried about her all the time.”

I looked up at Myrtle, maybe she was right; Stacy is the type of person to not burden others with her troubles and deal with things on her own rather than bring other people into it.

“How do you feel about being a father Draco?” that question made me stop thinking.

I never thought about how I felt about being a father, I mean I didn’t even have time to react to being told that Stacy was pregnant but that was because I had to make sure she didn’t get hurt. I thought about it for awhile only to realize that being a father scared me to death, my father treated me horribly. What if I treated this child the same way, it would only grow up hating me.

Stacy face soon popped into my head, I imagined her and myself playing with a small child that had my blonde hair and a mixture of her brown eyes and my grey ones. I grinned and chuckled at the thought, it made me feel happy and warm inside to see such a happy moment that we could have in our future.

“I-I uh I guess I’m scared but come to think of it, I feel really happy about it. I mean I love Stacy; she is the first and only person to make me feel this way. When I look at her I can imagine being married to her and having children of our own, now knowing that she will be having my child makes me love her even more than ever. I-I’m going to be a father, Myrtle I am actually going to be a father.”

Myrtle looked at me with her wide eyes and laughed “I am sure you are going to be a great father Draco, I think the baby will be very cute.”

I smiled and jumped off the windowsill feeling better than when I came in “Thanks Myrtle.” I left the lavatory walking back to the common room, I decided I would take a shower then head back to the hospital wing; I didn’t care that they didn’t want me in there because now I have even more of a reason to be.

I rounded the corner of the fifth floor, but anger soon rose in me at the sight in front of me, Cross was walking down the corridor as though looking for something “Its past curfew Cross, how does ten points from Slytherin sound?”

Cross stopped in his tracks and ran to me “How is she? I didn’t know where to find you but Pansy told me to come check this floor.”

I reached in my pocket only to discover that my wand wasn’t in there, damn Snape “Stay away from her Cross, don’t you think you have done enough damage? Now go back to your dormitory.”

Cross stayed still “I just thought I would come to let you know that I am no longer going to try and tear you and Stacy apart. Also congratulations, it seems you really do hold her heart and she loves you very much; I’m sure you will all be a very happy family.”

Cross started to walk away but stopped before he turned around the corner “You really are very lucky Malfoy.” he then disappeared around the corridor.

I went inside the common room and sat down in front of the fire, Star jumped on my lap meowing for my attention; I pet her while she slept on my lap.

I stared into the flames of the fire “I really am lucky. Now there are two people in my life that I love and I will do anything for them. I have a real family now and so does Stacy.”