Chapter 24

Stacy's POV:

My body felt stiff and I could barely move, the warmth beside my body felt so comfortable. I heard mumbling but it seemed far away and I couldn’t open my eyes. I felt my body grow cold from the warm object beside me moving; I tightened my hand around what was holding it. I tried to open my eyes but they were heavy when I tried to pick up my head I felt extreme pain fill my body and groaned.

“Stacy? Stacy can you hear me?” I knew that voice very well.

“Draco stop yelling its hurting my head.” my voice sounded as low as whisper.

“Madame Pomfrey! She is awake!” my head pounded from the noise all around me.

“Ms. Riddle how are you feeling?”

“I feel like my head is about to explode and my body has been crushed.” I complained keeping my eyes closed and my body still.

There was whispering and rustling next to me, but then I started to feel a warm, thick liquid flowing down my throat. The taste was awful causing my eyes to shoot open and I felt as though my throat burned “Are you trying to kill me?!” I managed to gasp out between coughs.

“Well unless you wanted to stay in here for the rest of the week, I suggest you don’t complain Ms. Riddle.”

Madame Pomfrey left my side; I looked towards my left to find Draco staring at the floor. I was about to ask him why he looked so down when I remembered what happened before I woke up “Draco please don’t be mad at me. I did it for a good reason.”

Draco’s eyes didn’t leave the ground “How long did you know?”

“I just found out the night I fainted. Snape informed me when I was in his office.”

Draco finally looked up at me, but his face was expressionless “Why didn’t you tell me right away? I could have helped, you wouldn’t have had to do the tournament and-”

“That’s just it Draco, you wouldn’t have let me finish the tournament when I had to no matter what. Don’t you remember who told me to hold the tournament in the first place; this was my decision and I was going to tell you once the tournament was over. Look I am fine now; there is no need to worry, but do you know if the baby survived the accident?”

Draco nodded and smiled “I can’t believe that we are going to have a child. When are we able to find out if it’s a boy or a girl because I wouldn’t mind either.”

I started to laugh from the sudden change of emotion “Let’s slow things down and just take things a day at a time.” I said after regaining my composure.

Draco sat in bed next to me “Are you hungry? Do you need me to get you anything?”

I leaned my head on his shoulder “Yeah, you can do something for me. Can you be quiet so I can rest a little bit more?” I mumbled.

I felt him relax next to me and I fell back asleep.

I woke up again to find a tray of food on my nightstand; I looked around but found no one. The windows showed just darkness so I figured it was evening already; I sighed in relief that Draco wasn’t going overboard with his caring, but I had spoke too soon when he walked into the wing with flowers and candy in his arms.

“How are you feeling? Do you need anything? Want some different food? I can go get something, here are some sweets too if you-”

“Draco!”

Draco stopped everything and stared at me “I appreciate what you’re doing and love that you’re excited to become a father, but this is too much.”