Chapter 20

A/N: So everyone has been so excited for the next chapter to come out here it is. Enjoy everyone and don't forget to comment and vote!

----------------------------------------------------------

We sat in the great hall, our first class of Defense Against the Dark Arts starting in about 10 minutes, Cross walked in and sat beside me, I ignored him as usual but this time something seemed off about his presence. The morning mail came, I was eating when a small package fell in front of me “Who would send me something here?” Draco just shrugged, but looked on interested.

I noticed Cross smirk and leave the hall from the corner of my eye, I unwrapped the package to find a silver necklace with a dragon wrapped around a cross on a shield. The necklace looked beautiful, I picked it the note inside reading it “Happy Birthday, sorry it’s late.”

Draco looked over my shoulder, I watched as his eyes glared down at the necklace and his hands clenched into fists. “Who sent it?” his voice was full of venom.

I shrugged my shoulders “I don’t know it didn’t say, but whoever it is found out my birthday somehow.” I put the necklace back into the box and placed it in my robes.

“Um Stacy?” I looked behind me to find the boy that helped last night. “I wanted to say thank you for last night.” I put up my hand to stop him from talking “What’s your name?”

“Marcus.”

I turned around in my seat so I could look at him “Marcus, you’re welcome, but I am going to let you know that you need to be strong and take care of yourself. I won’t be as nice next we see each other of you are breaking curfew, so you need to learn to stand your ground if you think you are right. Don’t be scared and cry that is weakness and us Slytherins are not weak. Do you understand me?” Marcus merely nodded his head and went back to sit down.

“That was pretty harsh don’t you think?” Draco murmured from beside me.

“I can’t do anything to help the students. They either have to go along with him or be punished.” Draco looked at me shocked.

The bell rang that it was time for class; I grabbed Draco’s hand and pulled him towards the third floor. We walked into the class and found Amycus Carrow standing in the front of the room, there were no desks so all Gryffindors were standing towards the right side of the class.

I stood in the back with Draco “Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Arts. Today I will teach you all to perform the Cruciatus curse.”

Every student started murmuring to each other “Silence! Now I want everyone to make a line in front of me.” All the students made a line when the door opened behind us and a pile of first years walked in “These will be your targets.” Carrow announced.

Carrow grabbed a first year and brought him to the middle of the room, “Longbottom how about we have you go first?”

Neville stepped forward with his wand pointed towards the scared first year, he put his wand down to his side and shook his head “No.”

Carrow’s mouth turned into a grin “Are you disobeying a professor’s orders Longbottom?” I watched as Neville just stood there “Fine then I will show you the punishment for disobeying. Crucio!” Neville fell to the floor screaming out in agony and I couldn’t do anything but watch.

When Carrow stopped Neville slowly rose up from the ground gasping and coughing; another Gryffindor ran to help him stand. “Now who else wants to join Longbottom.” Carrow sneered. Everyone stood perfectly still shaking their heads except a couple of Gryffindors who stood beside Neville.