Evil Visit! Part 1

“Good Morning, Dr. Aquino!” I said with a small smile. I have eventually convinced myself not to be swayed by this man.

He just nodded. Yun lang. Dinaanan niya ako at tinanguan lang. Parang ikamamatay niya na ibuka ang bibig niya at batiin lang ako ng ‘Good Morning’. Anyway, I don’t mind kesa naman magsimula siya sa pagbi-bicker niya.

Naghintay ako ng 5 minutes for him to settle bago ako tumayo at pumunta sa inner clinic para iabot yun files ng unang pasyente.

I strode towards him and left the record on the right side of his table and hope for the best.

“Old patient?”

Napalingon ako kay Dr. Aquino. Sana binasa niya muna.

“Y-yes!” then I continued my trip to the door.

“Ms. Tan!”

I looked back again. My brow furrowed when I looked back.

He looked at me with his lovely eyes but I wasn’t affected by it anymore but more of I am annoyed with the mere sight of it. Di ko rin maintindihan eh.

“Yes?!” I said slightly raising my voice. Ako na! Ako na ang secretary nagsusungit sa boss. I don’t know but I feel irritated right now especially within his sight.

I saw I surprised look on his face. I really don’t mind if he yells at me right now. I am really in the mood for nag fights and if he’s going to initiate one I will be gladly obliged. What has gotten into me to think this way?

He just stared at me. Then he smirked! What?! What’s the meaning of the provocative look? 

“Nothing! Thank you, Ms. Tan!” He said while he was still smirking and looking at me playfully. What does this guy wants?

I headed to my table and pushed the digital button so that the the first number will be posted to our digital-led board. 

“Good Morning, Meg!” I heard a familiar voice. Si Mommy Espie.

“Good Morning, Mommy! Please help yourself.” I said without looking since I am busy updating the older files. When will I be finished updating files? Parusa talaga.

“Hmm... You sound tired. Anung problema?” napatingin naman ako away from my laptop to Mommy Espie and I saw the concern in her eyes.

“Okay lang ako, Mommy! Just feeling really uncomfortable and irritated. I don’t know” I smiled faintly at her. She smiled back worriedly and then entered the inner clinic.

I got the record of the next patient and scanned through her written record. Bago at bata pa. I scanned the third patient and it was also a new patient. Bata pa rin. Mukhang madaming bagong patient na bata. I scanned the records for the day at halos lahat bata pa at bagong patient. I usually encountered old patients way back Dr. Aquino’s time. Almost in their forty’s hoping to have a child. Si Mommy Espie was another case but really the volume of new and young patients with fertitlity problems is alarming.