OMG!!!

“Tsk! Waahh”!  I think the fine lines under my eyes are becoming apparent. I can see it as I look in the mirror. I stroke it upwards hoping that it would help.

“What? You don’t use anything at all to your face? Really? But your skin looks so supple and fair. How I wish I have your genes.” the lady complained to her friend on the other side of the lavatory.

I looked at the girl that she was referring to.

Her face looks perfect without a trace of fine lines round her eyes.

“Anu ka ba? Belo yan!” the girl said then giggled .

“Really, kala ko mahal dun?”

“Ganun talaga nakapag-asawa lang ng mayaman!” They both burst into laughter and left the toilet.

So, to be beautiful there’s a price to pay. I mean literally. Samantalang ako, nagtatiyaga sa moisturizer at ibang beauty products. Anyway, I don’t want to be 'that beautiful' like having beautiful luscious lips, alluring eyes, wonderfully shaped noise and everything. I am just worried about my skin issue. I don’t care if my lips is not as tempting as Angelina Jolie’s lips, eyes not as captivating as Megan Fox and nose not as beautiful like Keira Knightley. I just wanna have good skin especially on my face because that’s where the early signs of aging appears but I’ll never do the under the knife thing. And haven’t tried to enter Belo wala kasi akong asawang mayaman! 

I made my way back to the doctors clinic. I think Dr. Aquino will be up a few minutes. I went back to clinic and arranged the patient’s list. Madami ng patient sa labas.

“Kamusta na Margaret, looking good today!” napatingin naman ako away from my laptop. Si Mommy Espie, an old patient ni  Dr. Aquino.

“Hi! Thank you, Mommy Espie! Meg nalang Mommy! You’re late madami ng nakapila sa labas.” I said. "You’re number 15.” I looked at her apologetically.

“Okay lang! Maggagala muna ako Marg- ahmm Meg. Text mo ko kapag malapit na ako ha!” sabi niya habang nagpaalam. “Opo”

*Ring!

“Dr. Aquino’s office! Yes... MWF 9 am -12 noon. Yup! Thank you! Bye!” My everyday life as a doctor’s secretary or let me rephrase that Doctor’s Office Manager para mas maganda ang dating. I’ve been working here for about 3 years. Eto lang ang natagalan kong trabaho kasi hindi ganun ka stressful. Although the pay is not high but the job is rewarding as it gets.  Lalo na ang mga regular patients masarap makipagkwnetuhan. I am more of a listener lalo na dun sa mga old patients. Although some of them were 'makulit' but the heck, they were not pain in the a*s compared to other people who can’t talk any sense at all.

“Good Morning Margaret!” Napatingin naman ako sa pagtawag niya sa buong pangalan ko.

“Good Morning Dr. Aquino! How are you today?” I said while bouncing back the smile that he had thrown me. I took hold of his suitcase and followed him to the inner clinic. “Here’s the first patient. Bagong pasyente po, Doc!” sabi ko habang nilapag ko sa table yun new record ng patient.