The apartment

Libra's pov

It might've been just me, but I personally thought it was a miracle our new apartment didn't break down right away. Considering the state of the rest of the building, this apartment turned out to be amazing. No dust, like I expected, no spider webs, like I expected, no broken furniture and garbage spread out through the living room, like we all expected. Taurus would better not ruin this was a sarcastic comment, or I'd –

'Only three bedrooms. Just great,' my brother's voice yelled from somewhere back in the apartment.

Thanks a lot, Taurus.

But when he appeared in the door opening, he looked a whole lot different than three seconds ago. His eyes were curiously looking around, his hands weren't clenched into fists and his expression wasn't "ready-to-murder", like every time something pissed him off. And, well, even if this place wasn't really home yet, it was good enough to us. Or to me, in any case.

The moment I walked through the opened front door, I knew I'd like to help dad out with repainting those old, brown walls. The floor was covered with wooden planking, still nice and it didn't need to be changed to my opinion. The hallway was just wide enough for one person, but certainly long enough for a few more, which came great. It ended in another small hall and two doors; one to right, leading to the kitchen, with its wooden countertop and white painted walls. A few things seemed to be left behind by the last owner, but we'd replace those with our own stuff. The floor switched to white and black, stereotypical kitchen tiles, with – which I noticed after a few seconds standing – something warming underneath them. We should probably check on later if the third floor wasn't in flames, I thought. Back into the hall, through the door on the left, was the entrance to the living room. The wooden floors were back, and half of the walls were painted a light shade of blue here. The other half were white, just as in the kitchen. On the right side of the room, it had large window, with a door made of glass in it and when I walked closer to watch the view, I saw the balcony. Pretty large, or larger than I had in mind. It lead to another door of glass, which seemed to go to another room. As I entered the room, I recognized a small, yet nice bedroom, with brown walls and a white door. This door led to the hall again, and I saw another two bedrooms to my left and something that looked like a bathroom, judging by the shower and the toilet.

I heard a shriek of the door behind me, and within a moment, my dad stood beside me. 'I promised you,' he said. 'You may pick your room first.' 'The biggest,' was my immediate response, 'because I'm going to share it with Sag.' Dad didn't have any commentary and just nodded, so I walked back to the living room to tell the good news to my brother.

'Guess what,' I said Taurus when he walked out of the kitchen, 'you've got your own room.' He looked at me for a moment, staring at me just in silence. It didn't look like anything would happen, until he opened his mouth.

'Thanks, Libra.'

'It's nothing,' I responded. 'The least I could do was take our little, annoying hyperactive brother in.' 'Speaking of the cute thing, where is he?' Taurus frowned, and I shrugged in response. 'We better find him, before he's jumping off the balcony screaming he's capable of flight,' I chuckled, and walked back into the hall, while Taurus yelled: 'Come on, Sag, where not playing hide and seek anymore!'

He wasn't there, but after a quick and certain look to the still opened front door, I found Sagittarius staring over the edge of the railing, looking down to the ground. 'Sag, don't!' I quickly shouted, pulling him back to the apartment. He didn't answer with a sarcastic remark, as I was used to, but he shook me of and pointed back to the edge.

'No, Libra, look! There's someone down there!' This was a lot better than hearing the words "No, Libra, I'm sure I can fly" again, and trusting he wouldn't push me once I stood there, I walked up to the railing and gazed over it.