Working Together

Capricorn's pov

'Are you sure that's what happened?' I asked Gem, after the most unlikely story she told me. She started to nod enthusiastically, as if that would make me believe it. 'Yes, very sure! Aries and Leo are definitely working together! In fact, they're in my apartment right now, trying to work out the plan!'

'Okay, so let me get this straight: Leo and Aries, arch enemies, are working together on a plan that they are going to do... together? I don't think my brain will accept that,' I smiled, but Gemini shook her head. 'Fine, because I'm part of the plan too and I had to bring someone to help. If you really don't believe me, I'll just go ask Sag if he wants to join –'

'No need to do that, I'm down,' I quickly stated, at which Gem smirked widely and grabbed my arm to pull me over to her apartment. Believing her was hard, but if it involved a plan in which I could work with Gem, I was definitely joining in.

The moment I walked into apartment 26, I saw something I hadn't seen in a long, very long time: Aries and Leo sitting next to each other on the couch with a large piece of paper on the coffee table in front of them. Wow, miracles really do happen, apparently.

Aries looked up when Gemini closed the door and grinned, as she stood up and folded her arms. 'Ah, great. I was hoping you'd bring Cap.' 'Yeah, well, you didn't leave me much of a choice, with your "Bring either Cap or Sag",' Gem stated and walked past me to plop onto the couch. I could practically hear Leo making a nasty comment about it, but she didn't say anything and instead of hearing a comment, I heard the door open again and this time, Aqua came in.

'Hey, Q,' I smiled, and she immediately frowned and groaned. 'Oh, great. I should have known you'd be here too,' she mumbled and quickly moved over to Leo.

'So, what's the plan exactly? I have like a million ideas that can totally help us through everything and anything and that would work out in other situations too, but well, let's hope there won't be a situation like this again, even though it would be cool and exciting and –'

'Alright, Gem, we get you,' Aries interrupted her sister, and cleared her throat before she started pacing around the living room. 'We made up two plans, Plan A, where A stands for Aries, and Plan B, with B for Back-Up.'

'And Plan C, for Collapse of the universe,' Cap mumbled softly, causing me to chuckle not-that-silently.

'Indeed,' Leo continued, just as Aries stopped, ignoring both me and Capricorn. 'Plan A is simple and we hope it works out. I will distract Scorpio and convince him to come over to my apartment, to talk more about Chaos stuff. Aries, Gem and Cap will get into his apartment thanks to Virgo's help with the lock. Within twenty minutes, you'll have to find the plans on the Chaos Flat. Understood?'

'Wait a minute,' Aqua said, and frowned slightly. 'Why is Virgo in Plan A and I'm not?' 'Because we hate you and Virgo's awesome,' I stated, but Aries got over me: 'We figured you could maybe help with distracting Scorpio. It wouldn't be as suspicious, you know.'

'Alright, so are we clear?' Leo asked with raised voice, and when no reactions were given, she stood up and smiled brightly. 'Perfect! Now, let's make sure we get a hand on those plans and we're already past the first step of saving the Chaos Flat!'

But, of course, such optimism had to be blocked by a negative boost. The first obstacle arose right away, putting us all in a difficult situation.

'He's not in the hallway! Now what do we do?' I checked with Aries, who calmed me down by smirking widely. 'We'll move on to Plan B. Plan B concludes Leo getting in and taking the plan herself.' 'But how will I even succeed in that? He's already watching us, he knows we want to save our flat, so I guess he hid the plans. I don't think Plan B will really work now,' Leo said, looking over to the door of his apartment with a frown.