Accidental/On purpose

Scorpio's pov

It had been barely a day since that girl Cancer had the nerve to come over to me. Just a few hours before that happened, I'd seen Leo again, who invited me over to her apartment so she could tell me almost everything I had to know. Most important, she told me about this Aries-group which had formed itself here, or so, the dominant group which contained a bunch of popular, annoying kids from other apartments. Thanks to Leo, I knew some names from people I had to look out for, such as – of course – Aries herself, the Gemini I met and some people called "Capricorn", "Taurus" and "Sagittarius". She hadn't told me anything about Cancer, meaning I were to treat her as I would treat any other I just met.

After this all, I simply went back to my new apartment, finding it wasn't only fixed up, but my parents had also furnished a big part of it already, seeing how my mother was sitting on the couch, reading one of her magazines. She looked up the moment I closed the door to the living room.

'There you are! I didn't know you were out there. Did you already figure out if there are actually other people living here?' 'Sort of,' I stated and walked further into the room, as I tried to make it to my room without having to put up with this, because I knew how this would end.

My mother put away the magazine she was reading and stood up, as she looked at me just when I was about to enter my room. I sighed to myself and waited another moment for her to speak.

'Scorpio, we... your father and I have to...' 'Go to work, I get it,' I responded in advance, and when she gave me an apologizing smile, I turned around to face my room and closed the door behind me. 'We'll be back this evening!' my mother's voice called from the other side, but I ignored it and laid down on my bed. This always went the same; every day, my parents left me because of some sort of emergency at work. It usually took longer than they told me it would take, sometimes they'd be gone for longer than a day. And who was left behind?

It was another hour before I heard the door close, assuring me this apartment was as empty as I wanted it, and I left my room again. Now that I knew none of my parents would be here, I could go back out and do whatever I wanted to do again. Perhaps I'd even see Leo another time.

Silence ruled the hallway; thank gosh. I probably couldn't bear to hear Gemini again, or any other who I had or hadn't met. Alright, what to do when you're all alone in a big, broken down place where you'll have to stay for another two months? Obviously. Ignoring everyone walking in on me and pretending I'm in the world inside my head.

I slowly walked forward and leaned on the railing across my apartment. Watching the small forest settled next to this place while keeping an eye on everything happening around me was one of the things I actually enjoyed doing, although the residents of this flat made it hard to really enjoy it.

Everything Leo had told me repeated itself in my head. This place might be a chaos, but at least they had some rules. That didn't mean it were good rules, but without them this place would really get down-hill –

   Thud.

It seemed I was thrown off guard by my thoughts, but I wasn't the only one. Next to me stood another small girl, a new one, though. One I hadn't met. And as Leo hadn't told me about any other girls than Aries or Gemini, it meant I were to treat as I would treat any other. Let's see how she'd take it.

She looked up at me, a bit confused, but she quickly recovered and it was only then I realized I did know this girl. Somewhere in Gemini's introducing, she said something about her sister – what was it again? Oh, right – Pisces, and after I pulled some more memories together, the picture was complete.