The Ceremony

Aries' pov

'"WeLcomE to ThE CHaoS Flat". By Aries, Gem, Pisces, Cancer, Virgo, Aquarius and Cap. P.s.: Leo is stupid. Welcoming, right?'

'Don't leave out the part I wrote next to it!' Leo said with narrowed eyes, and I sighed. 'Fine; p.p.s.: Leo is not, Aries is a bitch. Can we move on now?'

'Yeah, just get it down already,' Capricorn said and yawned loudly, earning a glance from his sister. 'You really don't have any idea what etiquettes are, do you?' she asked him with an irritated tone. 'Eti-what? No, I don't,' Cap responded and leaned further back against the wall, earning a scowl from Aquarius.

I chuckled at it and turned over to where the others were standing. 'C'mon, Gem, give me a hand here.' 'Yay! I can help!' my sister cheered, and ran over to the small field of grass and got back with one of our old chairs. She held it while I stepped on it and tried to grab the plate above the big red door, but my height made me fail horribly as I needed to be at least three inches taller to be able to grab the plate.

'Need some help?' Gemini asked me, but I stubbornly shook my head. 'Just hold the chair, alright?' 'Maybe I should get it down, because it doesn't seem we'll actually have a Ceremony like this,' Leo said and already walked up to me, but I laughed scornful as I tried to turn around on the chair.

'Oh, not in a million lifetimes. You won't put one of your dirty hands on my plate.' 'Dirty? Please; I had a manicure this same week!' the tall girl protested and now tried to push Gemini aside. 'Move, I'll get that thing and then we can start.'

'You – will – not –' I growled, but Leo managed to push Gem to the side and if I didn't jump of the chair, I would've been Aries-smush on the ground. Furface looked down on me with the same scornful expression I just worn and with a single reach, she took the plate from its position above the door. Instead of letting her be in her pride as she would walk back with a grin on her stupid face, I kicked her leg and caught the plate when she dropped it in fright.

'Thank you,' I said to her, but my glance gave away my words were meant to come over as a painful "drop dead". She huffed and followed me and Gem back to the others, who were now all sitting and standing around the large tree next to the flat, except for Sagittarius who was, under some protests from his brothers, sitting in the tree.

'Alright, attention geeks!' Gemini yelled, but nobody listened and things only got quiet when she shouted: 'Shut it or I'll make Aries wreck your places!' She looked at me and I nodded to her, to which she turned around and sat down next to Sag, who came down and now sat on the ground.

'Okay,' I said with a raised voice, 'now, I know you all expect me to give a deep and emotional speech, but the hell with that. If you want deep and emotional, you should've put Virgo up here.' The group laughed and cheered, and I grinned when Virgo stood up and walked towards me, a slightly amusing look in his eyes. He coughed softly and faced the others.

'It's been long,' he said, 'since we've had our last Ceremony. I don't know how many are going to come after this one – perhaps no more – but every new person here changes a bit of our lives. Just as we will change parts of your life. Because, even though our time together may not be as long as with others, it is certain that we –'

'Yada, yada, can we hurry this up? I'm getting hungry!' Capricorn yelled, and the group and I chuckled at Virgo's interrupted expression.

'Thank you for interrupting me at such a subtle level, Capricorn. Do you have anything peculiar to add?' he asked him with his easy, Virgo-type of calm. Cap smirked widely and jumped up to continue what me and Virgo had started.