Crashing Chaos

Aquarius' pov

'Aqua, dear, there you are. You have to help me; is tonight's party starting outside or in someone's apartment?'

Leo freed me from my thoughts about Libra and chaos, but before I even had time to think about anything else, Aries walked around my best friend and grabbed my arm as she pulled me away from her. All I could do was yell "inside!" back to Leo, but she didn't seem to care about Aries pulling me into the basement.

Now, the basement wasn't the most pleasant place to be. To be completely honest, everyone tried to avoid the few awkward times where we absolutely had to go down there and take out the bikes, because boy, you wouldn't want to send your worst enemy here. Of course, Aries and Leo did so anyway, but I wasn't a highly overrated aggressive gnome and though me and Lee were about the same kind, I wouldn't ever push that gnome into the basement.

If we didn't dump our garbage outside or in one of the apartments downstairs, we'd drop it here. But, even despite the garbage, it was a mess anyway. There had been quite some floods and a plague of rats had been hiding out here, so nobody really came here anymore. That was another reason why I wondered why Aries had so suddenly dragged me down.

As I remembered how extremely hot it was down here, Aries faced me with a grin combined with a frown – her way of saying something was going on and she wanted to find out. The only good response to that was to deny everything she asked and ignore every threat she made, something that seemed about impossible because, Aries.

'Alright,' she started, 'you won't get out of this until I know what is going on between you and the rookie.'

I tried to not let the blush that appeared on me take over my entire face, and usually it would've worked, but I was standing against Aries and it felt like my face would explode. 'I don't know what you're talking ab- '

'You very well do, so give me the answer!' she said and crossed her arms with another irritated expression. 'You're not the type to help out boys, neither are you the type to help out newbies. And since he's the only one of the newbies not to be a Survivor –'

'He only isn't because you refused to help him through anything,' I quickly responded, but she interrupted me with another one of her cunning smirks; 'Fine, if you say so. You just don't want to admit that he's a wimp.'

'He's not a wimp! And there is nothing going on, Aries, seriously!' I shot back at her. My nerves were killing me right now, mainly because lying wasn't one of my best qualities. Actually, it wasn't one of my qualities at all, but I did have the luck to have another great talent: abusing people's thoughts.

'I'd almost think you'd want something to be there. Perhaps you do, but I can't be sure. It would pretty much make you look like Leo.'

Yes, I know I was throwing in a cheap shot, but I was already sick of her asking questions about things going on. Libra may indeed be a rookie – but he surely was a true Survivor, I just knew. And if anyone would find out about my crush I only knew about a day, it wouldn't be Aries, because it would only take seconds before the entire flat would know.

Aries had, in the meantime, gained the same red color I had on my cheeks – though mine was vanishing already and it seemed she had nothing more to say about the subject, as she stomped back up to the door. 'Don't think this is over, though,' I heard her say while sunlight fell in. 'You know me. I'm Aries; I know when something's going on. And soon I'll know what it is.'

'Of course you will,' I responded and I walked after her, but as I was calm on the outside, my heart was beating out of my chest on the inside. This wasn't good; this wasn't good at all. If I wouldn't do anything to keep Aries from trying to find out anything, she definitely would find out. She was right; if she wanted to know something, she would know it in the end. But even if it was "in the end", it might still be too close. Besides, I said to myself as I closed my eyes for a bit when I stepped into the light again, I didn't even know if this was real, or not. It probably would be for the best if it wasn't...