Bad Influences

Gemini's pov

It only happened so often, but when it happened, it was terrible: boredom. One of my worst enemies – and I'm not a hating person. Most of the time.

I rubbed my eyes again and rolled over to mu other side as I tried to think of more possible things to do right now. At this moment, I only had one thing; thinking of more things to entertain myself with. And I was getting absolutely sick of it.

Everybody could recognize my situation; lying in bed, wanting to get up but at the same time, not wanting to. The mental discussion of what I should do was ringing in my ears and driving me crazy, so I decided to get up anyway and ask Aries for more possible options – let's just hope she wouldn't came up with the one I already had come up with.

'Aries, help me...' I shouted, knowing she was in the living room, but I got no response. Perhaps she was bored too, I thought to myself and pushed me up from my bed. Great, that way we could be bored together.

'Aries, I'm bored,' I whined while I slowly descended my room – mark the word slowly – and I took step by step to the living room. 'Aries... where are you?'

My eyes quickly figured out she wasn't settled in the living room, so instead, I made my way over to her bedroom, just as slow as before, of course. I opened her door and peaked my head in. 'Aries, are you – what are you doing?'

I tilted my head a bit; she was laying upside down, half on her bed, half on the floor. She stared back at me with an expression I couldn't quite put my finger on, and with that, I meant that it was a complete normal expression. No boredom, no anger, no happiness – nothing I could make up from what was going on with her.

I frowned and forgot my boredom straight away. My sister didn't move, didn't talk – she didn't do anything and it startled me. A lot, considering this was Aries. 'Eh...' I let out, deciding not to get her annoyed or suspicious by questions at the first second. '...really, what are you doing?'

'Isn't it obvious?' Aries responded, still without moving a limb. 'Yes, very obvious,' I said. 'But, why are you doing it?' My older sister lifted her arms and rubbed over her eyes, before she looked back to me. That's when I noticed her new expression. She was...

...sad?

'I'm bringing energy to my head from the most powerful source ever,' Aries muttered, and while she said it, she rolled over and pushed herself up, now looking at me with bit of a frown. 'Hell, if it wasn't clear enough.'

Something familiar came back to me and now, it was my turn to frown. 'Wait... you're not taking those words the new guy said too seriously, are you? I mean, I'm pretty sure he was just joking around with his talks about you, being a tiny devil and all –' 'No, Gem,' she interrupted me, as she stood up. I only then noticed how tired she actually looked. 'That's not what it is.'

'Ah, so at least now I'm sure something's going on,' I repeated to her and myself, and I tried to find more things I knew about her acting strange. The moment I did so, my mind found another memory. 'Hey... is this about you acting weird last night? When you said my full name and pretended to be fine, just to make the already awkward situation more uncomfortable?'

'What – no, of course not,' she snapped back at me. Yep, I found the source.

'Alright, so you're upset about something that has to do with last night,' I thought aloud, following Aries who stomped past me into the living room. 'But what made you this upset?' 'I am not upset,' she grunted and plopped down on the couch, gazing around for the remote. I grimaced, slowly took a step back so I was standing against our table, and swiftly grabbed the remote from it, hiding it behind my back. Something told me that it might be better if we continued this without the TV on.