Chapter 36) Home Away From Home

I yawned struggling to get the motivation to get out of bed, I know I have to get up and let Fred out, but the comfort of my bed almost made me lay back down. My eyes shot open as I heard a loud bang from downstairs, I quickly got up and ran down the stairs into the kitchen to find glass everywhere, and Joe standing in the middle of it. (Starting off intense for you lol.)

"I am so sorry I did not mean to wake you, or scare you!" Joe frowned looking at the mess he created.

"Joe it's fine, I was already awake trying to find some motivation to get up." I smiled getting the broom and dust pan, making a safe path for Joe to walk through the mess. "I guess this was good enough reason." 

"I was trying to surprise you with breakfast, you know like in the cute couple movies."Joe pouted.

"Well it was a lovely idea, thank you." I smiled pecking him on the lips. "But I was already getting up so I could let Fred out, he's still in his kennel right?" 

"Yeah he was asleep when I came down, but I doubt he is anymore." Joe said taking the broom from me, and starting to clean up the broken glass.

"Okay well I'm going to check on him, let me know when it's cleaned up so I can let him outside." I stated, running my hands through his hair before going upstairs to the guest room where Fred's kennel was. We needed to find a better place to put it, but for now it was the best place to put him.

I opened the door and heard Fred yelp out to me, I smiled shutting the door behind me so that he wouldn't run downstairs. 

"Hi boy, did you sleep okay?" I asked knowing he couldn't respond. I opened the door to his kennel and he instantly jumped out onto me, causing me to tumble over while he licked my face.

"Oh yes yes, I know you are excited." I laughed sitting up and petting him, he excitedly wiggled around in my lap.

We played in the guest from for a while, getting rid of some of his early morning energy. The door opened to the room and Joe stood in the door way staring down at us happily.

"Everything good now?" I asked, I'm sure Fred was dying to go to the bathroom by now. I was definitely thankful he hadn't decided to just go already.

"Yup, no more glass thankfully." Joe smiled.

"Oh good, come on Fred! Let's go outside!" I said causing him to wiggle around even more, before running in between Joe's legs and down the stairs before I could even stand up.

"So since you already know I was going to make breakfast for us, what would you like? Waffles or pancakes?" Joe smiled as we walked downstairs together.

"Ah the age old question, but I have to go with waffles. They are far better than pancakes!" I smiled. (sorry all the pancake lovers out there, but waffles are way better!)

"Oh so you're a waffle girl, good to know." Joe said with a smirk on his face.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I asked knowing I was probably gonna regret asking.

"Well it's just something I heard a while ago, if girls like waffles better then pancakes it means," Joe said drawing out his sentence.

"Just say it Joseph!" I wanted to know what it meant.

"It means," Joe paused once again, making me die internally in anticipation. "It means they like, you know." Joe said leaving me confused.

"Just say it!" I laughed getting frustrated.

"Bum s**" Joe burst into laughter.

"Joseph Graham Sugg!" I screamed slapping him multiple times, what a stupid Idea! How could liking waffles over pancakes mean you like bum s**!

"Ow okay okay enough!" He said hugging me tightly so I couldn't move my arms.

"Ugh how stupid is that idea! Whoever told you that is an idiot!" I yelled.

"I thought it was funny okay, I know it's not true alright calm down." Joe laughed.

I crack a smile, no longer trying to hit him. "How does someone even come up with that!" I laughed.

"I have no idea but Caspar told me that one!" Joe said releasing me.

"Caspar! No way!" I said completely shocked.

"Yeah, pretty sure he made it up but who knows." Joe said going into the kitchen to start breakfast.

"Hm, well Caspar was definitely not educated right if he thinks that statement is true at all!" I said opening the door to the backyard, Fred flew out and instantly went to the bathroom. Training was already going really well, which was super nice.

Once Fred was done outside him and I went into the living room to do some work and play, since Joe wouldn't let me help cook at all. I browsed the web and caught up on all the Internets drama that happened when I was asleep, seemed to be another average day for the internet. Once all caught up I went on to YouTube and replied to a bunch of comments on my new video, coming across a comment that made my heart sink.

It read "I really don't understand the interest everyone has with this girl, sure she's pretty and she can put some makeup on her face, whatever! She is brainwashing Joe, he's gonna wake up soon and realize how awful she is and that he deserves way better than this slut. I mean everyone knows she got with Oli, one of Joe's best friends and some how managed to still get Joe into her clutches. Won't be long till this bi*** finds her next victim. So if you're reading this just let Joe be happy, and leave him the f*** alone." I didn't even realize I was crying till Fred jumped onto my lap and started to lick my tears off my cheeks.

I quickly wiped them away as I heard Joe coming into the room, hoping he wouldn't notice. Sadly Joe knew me too well and his smile fell as he looked at my face and the tears welled up in my eyes.

"Lily what's wrong?" He asked coming to sit next to me, I tried to hide my laptop from him but he quickly took it and as I assumed read the comment I had just read.

"Aw Lily you know this isn't true right?" Joe asked as I just hide my face in my hands, not wanting to admit I thought the comment had some truth behind it.

"Lily I love you, I love you so much. I don't care about our crazy stupid past because it has brought me to this point, I have a beautiful girlfriend, a amazing home, and a dog that I could not be happier we got. None of this would have happened without you and the events we went through, they made us stronger and brought us closer together. It's scary to think of my life without you in it and where I would be, so please don't be upset." Joe spoke removing my hands from hiding my face.

"I love you too." I smiled wrapping my arms around Joe, happy he was here for me.

..........................................

I knocked on the door waiting for the response, while Joe held onto Fred. The door opened and I looked up to see Alfie smiling down at us, I swear he got taller every time I saw him or maybe I just got shorter.

"Two of my favorite people!" Alfie smiled, hugging me then Joe. "And hello there Fred, it's nice to meet you!"

We all walked into the house and placed down our bags, Fred excitedly moved around quickly getting even more excited when he saw little Nala on the couch. Fred jumped on top of her and ran around with her, I could tell Nala was a little annoyed with him but I think they could be friends.

"Zoe is upstairs changing, she should be down any minute." Alfie pointed out, stopping m from asking where she was.

"Alright well I'll bring our bags upstairs!" Joe smiled, going up and most likely into the guest room Zoe had prepared for us.

.

.

SOrry I know this isn't long but I will I promise update tomorrow! Love you guys!

~Maddie<3