Chapter 35) Daddy Joe?

"I already know what I want to call him." I smiled petting the little guy as Joe walked over to the puppy as well.

"Yeah" Joe questioned smiling at me, he really was the best boyfriend I could ever ask for.

"Yup," I smiled. "His names going to be Fred." 

"Fred?" Joe laughed. "Why Fred of all the names?"

"Joseph don't laugh at his name!" I frowned slapping his arm.

"Okay okay sorry, but why the name Fred? It doesn't really sound like a dog name." Joe smirked.

"Because Fred Weasley died and the twins were my favorite, so I thought it would be a nice way to remember him." I smiled petting behind Fred's floppy ears.

"Okay he was a fictional character." Joe laughed.

"So you think, you're just mad because you're a muggle!" I defended.

"You're a muggle too." Joe laughed.

"As far as you know, maybe I'm just trying to protect you because some crazy guy is after me?" I looked to him as he just shook his head.

"I'm the only guy that gets to go crazy over you, don't forget that." Joe smiled kissing the top of my forehead. 

"Well can we take him home?" I smiled picking Fred up.

"Yeah let's go home, after we get him some things."

"Oh yeah we'll need food, a bed, toys, treats, a little play area like Nala has, and a lot more." I said making a list in my head.

"How about we just get the basics for now." He laughed.

"Okay fine, but I'm getting him a toy duck." I nodded my head.

"A toy duck?" Joe looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

"All my dogs have always had a toy duck and they loved it.  I actually had to sew up one of the ducks wings because my dog loved it so much." I smiled going through the memories.

"Okay whatever you want beautiful, he is your kid." Joe smiled getting in the car.

"He's your kid too, woah we're like parents of a child. This is so weird." I laughed sorta liking the feeling. I pet Fred as he laid down on my lap being very calm.

"Yeah it's strange to think about." Joe thought out loud.

"Hmm well Fred are you excited to go home?" I smiled looking down at him as he tilted his head looking back at me, as if he was excited and nervous. "Don't worry little one, I'm going to take care of you and so is Daddy Joe." I smiled.

"Daddy Joe?" Joe smirked looking from me to the puppy then back to the road.

"Yeah he's our kid, I'm Mommy Lily and you're Daddy Joe." I smiled.

"The word daddy has been ruined for me, how about Dad Joe or Father Joe?"

"Ew no Dad Joe is boring and Father Joe sounds like you should be at church right now, it's Daddy Joe and that's final." I smirked as he just shook his head but didn't argue back.

...........................

"Well little one this is your new home!" I said setting Fred done to run around and explore, he let out a little yawn before going into the kitchen to explore.

"Daddy Joe would you like some help?" I asked smirking as I know the name bothered him.

"Lily please no more Daddy Joe." He laughed setting down the bags.