Chapter 27) Friends?

JOE"S POV! (Sorry just kinda shouted that hehe)

"Take a picture it'll last longer!" Lily winked at me. I was speechless, she just caught me!

I was trying to be subtle but Lily was just so beautiful! Zoe and Lily walked past me laughing, I still in a little shock kept my distance and followed behind. Lily wasn't always out going, but now she seems to just have come out of her shell since I left her. Maybe I made the right choice by letting her figure her life out.

"Joe what are you doing?" Zoe laughed from the hot tub, all three of them were looking at me and laughing because I was stood talking to myself.

"I'm such an idiot sometimes." I said moping over to the hot tub, I sat in between Zoe and Alfie with Lily looking right at me.

"Well it's a beautiful night, its even a full moon." Lily smiled looking at the stars. "Reminds me, I need to call my mom soon, maybe go back home to Minnesota too."

"But you just got here!" Zoe whined.

"Yeah you can't just leave!" Alfie agreed.

"Well I'll come back but I miss my mom, haven't seen her in a long time." Lily said sadly, holding onto her moon necklace. 

"Well I think it's a good idea." I said finally speaking.

"Thanks Joe." She smiled.

.....................................

"I can hear nala running around inside, I'm going to check on her." Alfie said getting out.

"I think we might head to bed anyways, its late and I'm tired. Night guys!" Zoe smiled, leaving Lily and I alone.

"Well i'm not tired yet." I said moving the water around with my hand.

"Yeah me either, I don't sleep but yet I am never tired." She laughed at herself.

"What do you mean you don't sleep, I remember you sleeping fine." I asked.

"Well I've always sucked at sleeping, I guess you just helped." She confessed.

"Oh."

"Yeah, sucks you're sleeping on the couch since I took the guest room. Sorry about that."

"It's okay I've done it a lot, its a pretty comfy couch."

"If you want I can sleep on the couch, I don't mind since I'll have the bed for the next months." She smiled.

"No it's okay, I'll be fine."

"Okay." 

We sat in silence for a bit, catching each other's eyes every once in a while before looking away once again.

"Lily?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm a prune, can we get out?" I laughed, and then she laughed. Her laugh and smile was something I missed every day that I spent away from her, I honestly had no clue as to how I've gone so long without hearing it.

"Yeah let's just hang out and watch a movie or something, if you want?" She asked.

"Sounds good to me, except we need food. I'm hungry."

"Okay we'll have to be quiet, I'd rather not wake them up." She smiled, jumping out of the water and wrapping the towel around her quickly.

I got out and dried off my hair and then my body, wrapping the towel around my neck.

"You shouldn't flaunt yourself you know, it rude." Lily smirked, she had her towel in her hands drying her hair.

"Hey I could say the same to you, did you get hotter or is it just me?" I smirked.