Chapter 30) Part 2

Joe's POV

I waited anxiously not looking into Lily's mothers eyes, I wanted to but I was too nervous.

"You really love her?" She asked drawing my eyes to hers.

"She's the only person I've ever truly loved, and hopefully ever will." I said my heart beat booming throughout my body.

.

.

.

Earlier

Lily's family was amazing! They were all so kind and accepting, and not to mention super funny, I can see where Lily got her humor from. Lily and I were now talking with her sister, the rest of the family was somewhere in the backyard.

"Oh my god please stop!" Lily protested as Emma continued the story.

"Long story short she was so embarrassed that she didn't do anything but go to school and come home to hide in her room." Emma laughed replaying the memories.

"Wow Lily, why haven't I heard this story already?" I laughed rubbing my thumb over her hand.

"Can we please talk about something else now?" She pleaded her face bright red from embarrassment. 

"Well I'm going see where the rest of our family went, see you all in a few minutes." Emma smiled before leaving.

"I really wish she hadn't told you that ." Lily said fiddling with her hair.

"Why it was a cute story?" I asked moving her head so our eyes meet.

"How is a boy, I very much hated, trying to kiss me cute?" She frowned.

"Because you were three and that's adorable." I smirked. "Besides I'm the one who gets to kiss you now." 

I pulled Lily into a kiss, at first it was sweet before it deepened and it turned into her on my lap and us making out.

"Joe?" She asked out of breathe.

"Yes love?" I smiled resting my head on hers.

"Do you think," She paused looking me in the eyes. "Will we last? Thinking of the future is scary and I can't picture myself with anyone else now, but what if in ten years we're both with someone else and have families?" She asked her face serious and sad.

"Where is this coming from?" I asked concerned.

"It's just my sister and her boyfriend have been together since they were 18 and same with my brother, but we're just so unstable and I don't want to lose you again." She confessed, tears starting to fall from her eyes.

"Lily, we will last okay? Because I love you and always will, when I'm away from you I'm not myself and I'm not happy, when I'm with you I don't want to stop holding you, talking to you, kissing you. Because you're the one person I want to be with forever, and I'd do anything to be with you, you are my one and only love, forever and no one can replace you." I rambled wiping tears from her eyes.

"Thank you." She smiled kissing my lips.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"For loving me as much as you do, and wanting what's best for me. For no matter what wanting to be with me and believing in me, I love you so much." Lily cried kissing me once again.

I held her in my arms rocking us back and for in the rocking chair we sat in, I traced circles on her back while she rested her head on my shoulder. It felt nice to be holding her in my arms, not worrying about anyone seeing us or being nervous if she actually wanted this, because I knew she did and so did I.

.................

The weekend went fast and tonight was our last night before we went to see her dad's side of the family, which would be interesting because based on what she's told me they're not as awesome as her mom's side.

"Well what should we do on this beautiful night?" Lily smiled to me.

"How about we go for a walk?" I suggested.

"Or, we could get Ice cream from the place I used to work." She smirked.

"Your ideas wayyy better!" I laughed.

Soon enough we had ice cream for free as a treat from Lily's old boss, who seemed to miss her greatly, apparently she was the best worker he ever had. We sat and ate our ice cream, saying hello to a few fans and posing for pictures. Then we were back at Lily's and considering it was the last night with her mom now would be the best moment to do it.

I walked up to Lily's mother tapping her on the shoulder, drawing her attention to me.

"Can we talk for a few minutes?" I asked.

"Oh of course." She smiled.

We walked into the garage away from everyone else, now came the tough part... the question, asking permission.

"Is everything alright?" She asked kindly.

"I have a question." I stated.

"It's okay, you can ask me." She reassured.

I took a deep breathe, I was over thinking this I just needed to speak and ask her., but what if she said no? 

"I ugh," I paused gathering my thoughts, "May I have your permission to marry your daughter?" I spoke finally, a huge weight being lifted from my shoulders.

"You want to marry Lily?" She questioned.

"Yes, it's the greatest thing I've ever wanted." I spoke truthfully.

Her face remained the same flat look, not changing as the minutes passed giving me no indication of what she was thinking or going to say. I waited anxiously not looking into Lily's mothers eyes, I wanted to but I was too nervous.

"You really love her?" She asked drawing my eyes to hers.

"She's the only person I've ever truly loved, and hopefully ever will." I said my heart beat booming throughout my body.

"Okay."

"Okay?" I questioned.

"I'd be ecstatic if you marry'd my daughter." She smiled pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you!" I grinned hugging her back.

"Now I just need her father's permission." I said pulling away from Lily's mom.

"That won't be easy to get, he doesn't like anyone." Her mom said in a sad voice. 

"Well maybe I'll change his mind." I said with confidence, but really I was scared of him saying no.

We walked back inside and I sat next to Lily on the couch.

"What were you guys doing out there for so long?" She laughed.

"We were talking." I simply stated.

"About?" She questioned.

"Things."

"Ugh!"

"What?" I laughed.

"You're dumb." She smiled.

.............................................................

I'M SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG, I'M SO SO SOOOOOOOO SORRY!

BUt anyway at least it was a good chappie yeah?

I finally worked out how I want the story to end thanks to my good friend Taylor Swift, lol jk I wish she was my friend, maybe one day!

Soooooooooooo

As always Vote, Comment, Follow Me For Updates, and Share!

I LOVE YOU GUYSS SOOOO MUCH!

~Maddie <3