Chapter 38

It was two weeks later and Hermione had opened up a little bit more towards Draco. Draco had been super nice to her and she couldn’t be mean to him, because that would make her like he was and that was exactly what she didn’t want to happen. She had even started to call him Draco again.

*flash back*

‘Draco?’ Hermione asked walking into the common room where Draco was making his essay.
‘Yeah?’ Draco said turning his gaze towards Hermione.
‘Are you almost done with your homework?’ Hermione asked.
‘Almost, why?’ Draco asked.
‘Can I help you?’ Hermione asked.
‘Wait did you call me Draco?’ Draco asked.
‘Yeah that’s your first name, isn’t it?’ Hermione asked with a small smile.
Draco chuckled at this.
‘Yeah.’ He said.
‘But no you can’t help me, thanks, I’m almost done.’ Draco said.
‘Oh okay.’ Hermione said and she sat down on the couch.
‘Why?’ Draco asked.
‘I thought, as I was kind of really bored, that we could play a game of Wizard Chess.’ Hermione said.
Draco gave her a smile.
‘Yeah sure, just a minute.’ Draco said fast writing further on his essay.
Hermione wasn’t really bored, she was enjoying herself with a book. But she wanted to show Draco that she was open for a friendship and thought this would be a good way to let him know that.

*flash back finished*

‘See you tomorrow.’ Hermione said to her friends and she fastened her step to catch up with Draco.
‘I’m so going to beat you.’ Hermione said smirking.
‘Of course, just like the last time we played Wizard Chess.’ Draco said laughing.
‘Oh shut up Malfoy.’ Hermione said.
Draco chuckled and they walked further up the stairs towards their common room.
‘Time Turner.’ Draco said.
Snape nodded and they walked inside. Hermione sat down on the couch and Draco on the other side of the table after he had grabbed the chess set.
‘Ready to get beaten by a girl?’ Hermione asked.
Draco laughed.
‘Good luck Granger.’ Draco said.
‘You too Malfoy.’ Hermione said smirking.
They played the game and as always Draco won.
‘Again!’ Hermione said.
‘Serious?’ Draco asked.
‘Yeah.’ Hermione said.
‘You’re not giving up until you win, are you?’ Draco asked.
‘Nope.’ Hermione said smirking.
‘Let’s do it than.’ Draco said laughing.
They played the game again.
‘Yeah! You won! Congrats.’ Draco said standing up.
‘You let me win! Didn’t you?’ Hermione asked.
‘No I didn’t.’ Draco said.
‘Yes you did! You’re far too good to lose from me.’ Hermione said.
Then she widened her eyes when she realised what she had just said.
‘Can you say that again?’ Draco asked.
‘No.’ Hermione said and then she started to laugh.
‘You’re so mean.’ Hermione said laughing.
‘I am mean?’ Draco asked.
‘I just let you wi-‘ Draco started.
‘SEE! I KNEW IT!’ Hermione said.
Draco face palmed.
‘You got me.’ Draco said.
‘I knew it.’ Hermione said again laughing.
Draco rolled his eyes.
‘You called me too good to lose from you.’ Draco said.
‘That’s not what I meant.’ Hermione said.
‘But why did you want to play again, while you knew you would lose again?’ Draco asked.
Hermione started to blush.
‘Because, I don’t know, it’s fun.’ Hermione said.
‘Losing?’ Draco asked.
‘Hanging around with…. you.’ Hermione said shrugging her shoulders.
Draco smiled.
‘I like it too.’ Draco said.
Hermione gave him a small smile.
‘Can I have this dance?’ Draco asked standing up and offering Hermione his hand.
‘We don’t even have music.’ Hermione said.
Draco grabbed his wand, flicked it and music started to play. Draco gave her a cheeky smile and she smirked.
‘I’d loved to.’ Hermione said, grabbing his hand and walking around the table.
Hermione placed her hands on his shoulders and Draco put his hands on her waist. They danced for a long time and then the music stopped. Draco looked down at Hermione as Hermione looked up into his icy blue eyes.
‘Hermione I don’t know if you’re going to like this or not, but it’s worth a chance.’ Draco said softly, looking into Hermione’s eyes.
‘What are you talk-.’ Hermione started, but then Draco pressed his lips gently against Hermione’s and kissed her.
Draco pulled back and looked at Hermione. Hermione looked back at him and Draco gave her a small smile. Then Hermione slapped him in the face.
‘WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING YOU FERRET?’ Hermione shouted.
‘Are you kidding me.’ Draco groaned.
‘I don’t appreciate it when you slam your lips against mine without asking permission!’ Hermione snapped.
‘Permission?’ Draco asked keeping his laughter in, so the situation wouldn’t get worse.
‘Yes permission you ass.’ Hermione snapped.
‘I’m going to ask McGonagall if I can go back to the Gryffindor Tower.’ Hermione said starting to walk to the portrait hole.
‘Hermione wait!’ Draco said grabbing her wrist.
Hermione pulled her wrist back and gave Draco a deadly glare.
‘Malfoy keep your hands off of me!’ She said.
‘Sorry, sorry won’t happen again.’ Draco said lifting his hands up.
‘Please just stay here, I promise I won’t kiss you without permission.’ Draco said.
Hermione looked at him and thought about what Draco had just said.
‘Okay.’ Hermione said finally and she turned around and walked to her room.
Draco sighed and sat down in his chair in front of the fire.
‘Girls.’ Draco sighed putting his hand on his forehead.
Hermione had closed the door behind her and sat down on her bed.
‘Boys.’ Hermione sighed and she laid down.

Draco knocked on Hermione’s door.
‘Go away.’ Hermione said.
‘Hermione I’ve got something for you.’ Draco said.
‘Go away, I’ve had enough from you for the upcoming ten years.’ Hermione said.
‘I just want to give you this and if you still want me to stay as far away from you as possible I will.’ Draco said.
‘Promise?’ Hermione asked.
‘Promise.’ Draco said.
Hermione sighed.
‘Come in.’ Hermione said.
Draco opened the door and he walked in. He handed Hermione a thing that looked like a diary.
‘What is this?’ Hermione asked.
‘Just read it.’ Draco said and he turned back around.
‘Where are you going?’ Hermione asked.
‘To my room, if you need me you know where to find me.’ Draco said and he walked out of the room.
Hermione opened the diary and then noticed it was the book she had seen under Draco’s arm when she thought he was dead. Hermione turned the first page and started to read everything Draco had wrote down for her. The thing she hadn’t know when she woke up that morning that this would be a very emotional night, not only for her, but also for Draco.
Hermione read the whole diary and it was an hour later when she stood up from her bed with tears in her eyes. She walked to the door, waited there, to get her mind straight and then walked through it, through the common room towards Draco’s room. She opened the door and it was dark inside. Draco lifted his head up after a bit of light landed on his face that had woken him up from his sleep.
‘What’s wrong Mione?’ Draco asked fast sitting up in bed when he saw Hermione’s wet cheeks.
‘Is all of this true?’ Hermione asked.
‘Yes.’ Draco said.
‘Oh my gosh.’ Hermione gasped putting her hands in front of her mouth and another tear rolled down her cheek.