Chapter 20

~Joey's POV~

I wake up next to Daniel, who is softly asleep. I look around to find that I'm in my hotel room, not the car. I wonder how I even got into the hotel room. Last thing I remember is I was in the car listening to Melanie Martinez. Daniel probably carried me in. I think to myself. "Your such a gentleman." I whisper as he is still fast asleep. I kiss him on the cheek and I slowly make my way out of bed. I check the time, which reads 5:30 a.m. Since when did I start waking up this early? I think again to myself. I hop into the shower, and I quickly get dressed. I'm going to surprise Daniel with a beautiful breakfast in bed, but not with hotel breakfast. God no. I quietly look for the key to the room, to find it in Daniel's jacket pocket. I grab the key and my jacket, and I secretly exit the room.

I arrive at a beautiful deli, with, apparently, "the best breakfast selection in Paris". Let's test this statement. I order a couple of pancakes and different kind of fruit. I then take a slip with my order on it, and I sit in the empty deli, waiting for my order to be ready.  After ten minutes of waiting of waiting, my order is finally ready. I quickly pick up my order, and I walk out of the deli. I check my phone. No text from Daniel, so he must not be awake yet. I start to make my way back.

I open the door to our hotel room, to find Daniel still snuggling with the fuzzy blanket the hotel room provided.  I set up a little table near his side of the bed, and I place his food beautifully on the table, with assorted fruits and a cup of tea. I take my jacket off and I watch TV and eat breakfast while I patiently wait for Daniel to wake up. After 30 minutes of waiting, and heating up his food 5 times, he slowly starts to wake up, and looks to his right to see the breakfast I had bought him. He looks at me and we exchange smiles, and he starts to eat his breakfast.

"What are the plans for today?" He asks me, while trying to put his socks on. "I was thinking we can head to the Eiffel tower!" I say, as I'm fixing my hair. "perfect!" He replies. We grab our coats and room key, and we head out of the hotel.

It is completely silence on the way to the Eiffel tower, so I push in a Panic! at the Disco cd, and I turn it up, cutely lip syncing to the words. Daniel gives off a cute little smile, and he joins in. As the lip syncing and singing continues, we finally arrive at the Eiffel tower. I hop out of the car, as Daniel stops me. I turn around, and I see him signaling to come near him I walk over, and he pulls open the trunk, which reveals a perfect picnic set up. I smile, and I help unload the car. We search around for the perfect picnic spot, and we finally found one, which gave a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower. Not to close, not to far, just right.

We set the picnic stuff down, and we start to set it up. I lay out the blanket, as he unpacks the fancy picnic food from the aqua cooler. We finally set everything up, perfectly. He pours wine into my glass, then into his. He raises his glass, and I raise mine. "To the wonderful life we have." He smiles. "To the wonderful life we have." I repeat him, smiling.

We finally finish our picnic, and we decide to pack up and climb the Eiffel tower. We make our way to the stairs, and Daniel asks, "Do you want to go first?". "Yes!" I smile and I start up the stairs, I go very slowly, making sure not to trip on the stairs, because that would be bad. "Move faster you pig!" I hear Daniel laugh behind me, and I giggle. "I'm going as fast as I can go, pig!" I giggle back to him.