Chapter 12

~Daniel's POV~

It's Christmas tomorrow, and I've done all my shopping. Except for one gift. Since we've been together for quite some time now, I'm thinking about getting engaged to him. I'm not thinking about, I want to. I unlock my phone.

D: Hey!

H: Hey Daniel! How's it going?

D: Good! Hey, I need you to help me with something.

H: Anything! What is it?

D: I've known Joey for quite some time now, an we've been dating for a while. I think our love is at a point where... long story short, I need you to help me pick out a ring for Joey.

H: AAAHHHHH!! OH COURSE OF COURSE OFFF COURRSSSEEE!!!

D: THANK YOUUU! Meet me in my driveway by 10 PM, Joey doesn't usually doesn't Christmas shopping after 9 pm, so we won't run into him at the store.

H: Okay see you then! I CAN'T WAIT!!

I smile and I shut off my phone. "JOEY!!!" I scream from downstairs "YEAH?" He screams from upstairs and comes downstairs. "I'm going Christmas shopping with Hope tonight, so do you mind organizing the boxes the moving men brought last night?" "Sure!" He replies, sounding a little confused.

Hope finally arrives in our driveway, and I kiss Joey goodbye and I head outside.  "Hey!" I say. "Hey! What shop do you wanna go to?" She replies. "Let's go to the one downtown." I reply. "Alrighty!" We start driving and finally arrive. We walk in, and there is an endless amount of rings. My eyes widen, and so dose Hope's "Oh. My. God" I manage to mumble. We both walk towards the rings, looking at them one by one.  There are all so beautiful, it is hard to choose just one. Just then, I spot the ring that really sticks out. It was a beautiful silver, with a hint of iridescent, which is Joey's all time favorite, and it has the word "love" engraved on it. "Hope! I think I found the perfect one!" I quietly yell to her. She comes running over, and she gasps. "Wow! That's Amazing!!" She gasps. I smile. "I think this is the one."

I finally arrive back home, and I thank Hope for coming with me. I come back inside to see Joey playing with Wolf and Storm. "I'm hooommee!" I yell. He quickly gets up and runs toward me, as I quickly shove the ring box in my back pocket. "Finally! You've been gone FOREVER!" He smiles. "I was only gone for an hour!" We both giggle. "I'm gonna head off to bed." He says. "Okay! I'll be right up!" He walks up the stairs, and I wait till I know he's gone to pull out the ring. I start texting Hope again,

D: Hey. I need you to help me tomorrow.

H: Okay! What do I have to do?

D: Just keep Joey busy until around 11 am. Then hand him the first clue I will hand to you, and then journey with him on his mission to find me, in which when he does I will propose.

H: AAhHHH can't wait!!

D: I can't either!

I close my phone and head off to bed.

It's 6AM and joey is still sleeping. I sneak out of bed, put on a handsome blazer, and some nice shoes and I sneak out the door. I set up my clues, and then I go to buy some decorations for where I am proposing to him. I am proposing to him at the beautiful trail, where we had our first LA date. Where we had a beautiful picnic, and got to know each other more. That was the time I knew he was the one. I check my clock, and it's 10:30. I call Hope. "Hello?" "Hi! Just reminding you that you can hand Joey the card in 30 minutes!" "Okay! I hope these 30 minutes go fast, because he's getting suspicious of me and curious!" "Oh god. That's why I love him, he can never be separated from me for less than a minute." I hang up, and I start driving to the trails. I hide my car behind the building in the parking lot, and I start slowly putting flowers on the trail to the waterfall. I then make a little aisle with Rose petals, and at the end of that is where I'll be standing, ready to pop the question.  I set up my props and my scenery, and I just stand there and wait.