32.Worry.

Happy reading

Enjoy.
~~~~~~

Today was 28th of June and it was pretty hot and I would die of dehydration from all the sweat running from my forehead to my neck. Yes it was that hot plus the air-conditioning system was off due to stupid person playing in it. I couldn't wait to go home , have cold shower then sit there doing nothing while drinking iced juice.

5:00 oh! How I loved this number on my watch these days. I jumped off my chair , collected my things and hopped in my car.

Home, sweet home. I know I was being over dramatic but it was worthy believe me. I did as planed and now I was sitting on the living room's couch drinking cold apple juice and watching some show on the TV.

Adam was about to come home. He usually came after me by an hour or so. It was perfect as I got the time to freshen up and warm up our food before he got home. I looked at the wall clock and read 7:45. Weird Adam was late. I got up and called his number but his phone was off. Maybe he was busy with work and his phone died. I entered the kitchen to get something to eat till he come. I found a bar of chocolate in the fridge so I popped it in my mouth licking my finger. I know disgusting but it was easier than washing my whole hand.

Looking at the time again it read 8:30. Okay that was way too late. I tried his phone again but same answer. I called his office and no answer. I was getting worried and that wasn't helping. I searched my phone and found his PA's number.

Ring
Rin-
"Asalamualikum"

"Walikum alsalam, sorry to disturb. But can I call Adam his phone is off"

"Oh I'm sorry, but I'm home and I'm sure he left on his usual time" he said and I got more worried and was pacing around the room.

"Okay. Thanks"

"Salam" with that we hung up and I tried his phone again but as before it was off.

It was getting late and I couldn't reach him I wanted to call his mom but I didn't want to worry her it was enough for me to get worried. I stayed in my place waiting and from time to time tried to call him but no hope.

As the clock read 12:07am I heard the door opening. Yes I was looking at the clock the whole time. I jerked from my place and stood in front of the door as Adam opened it slowly then closed it, he looked at me mumbling 'salam' and walked past me. I was dying to know where was he and what if something bad happened to him and he just came and passed by me like it was normal to get at midnight without calling.

"Where have you been, Adam? I was worried sick and you just came in so coolly like you weren't late for more than 6 hours" I entered the room and found Adam changing. He just looked at me briefly then continued with his clothes.

"Nada, I'm not in the mood" he literally shooed me with his hands.

"What in hell ,Adam are you doing! You could have just calmed me for being scared. I thought something bad happened to you" I couldn't help but raise my voice. I was beyond mad and he was calm so calm that it made me more angry.

"Nada, shut it. I'm not in the mood" he raised his voice angrily.

I was about to talk again but my phone rang. I looked at the clock it was 12:30am who would call now. I looked at the caller ID and my heart sank.

"Nader, what's wrong?" I asked worriedly and found Adam pass by me and sat on the bed to sleep. I bit on my tongue to not say anything and focused on the phone.

"Oh Nada I'm lost I don't know what to do oh Nada" he exclaimed and I was getting more worried. What a day!

"Nader calm down what's going on"

"Mai! Mai! She felt a sudden pain in her lower back and she was so in pain I don't know what to do. Oh My God" I heard his scared voice and tried to calm him.

"Calm down Nader it's not her due date it's in a month so she isn't in labour. Call the doctor or go to the hospital I'll come." I told him calmly to calm him despite my worry.

"He isn't picking his phone and she is in pain Nada. Do something please come" he pleaded and I got to go quickly.

"I'm going to Nader" I shortly said to Adam who was tossing on the bed

"Wait here, are you insane? it's freaking midnight"

"So I'll leave my brother just because it's midnight, he needs me" I deadpanned

"I'm coming" he huffed and got up. I could easily see the tiredness on his face. Serve you right Mr Adam Bahir. I know I was being mean but he hot on my last nerve.

I rang on the door and Nader opened it. True to his voice he was freaking out and he was in a mess. I followed him to see Mai and I was shocked. She looked so much in pain and was sweating not because of the weather but from pain.

"Nader we have to go to the hospital" I told him. He just nodded

"Bring the baby's bag" Mai said through gritted teeth. Oh poor Mai.

As we got in the car Mai gripped my hand tightly and she was trying to hold her screams by biting on her lip hard. Suddenly I found her shriek and looked at her with wide eyes.

"The wate-r b-reak" I stuttered from the shock and Nader was freaking out more if that was possible.

"Isn't she in her eight's month?" Adam asked shocked as well.

"Yes she's in the end of it" Nader said his eyes not leaving her stomach.

"Oh my God" Mai exclaimed that got us from our shock and I could tell the pain was much more now.

~~~~~~

We were waiting outside the operating room with freaked out Nader and tired Adam to be honest I was already drained from all those events. It was nearly 3 in the morning and I was up from 6am the day before.

My parents came along with Mai's and the atmosphere was in tension. I looked at Adam his eyes were red and dropping. Oh my babe! No I was still mad. I looked the other side but failed miserably to not look at his cute sleepy face.

I went to sit and 'accidentally' it was beside him. He leaned his head on my shoulder which I 'accidentally' brushed his with. I was still mad but I wouldn't push his head in front of everyone plus it was 'accident' right!

After praying fajr Mai had already given birth to my so so so cute and adorable nephew. It was now 6am and I found Adam's parents in front of me. How quick could my mother be! I shock my head and went into the washroom to wash my face.

I exited the washroom and found auntie Bahira patting Adam's cheek. When I approached them I heard her talk softly to him as if he would break.

"How was your day yesterday, dear?" She asked

"Same" he shrugged and I scoffed sure he wouldn't say about his lateness and me worrying sick.

"Oh my baby. You went again" she shook her head and hugged him. I was confused. where was Adam yesterday!! I saw Adam blinking as if to not cry.

Okay, did I miss something here??