28.What's love.

Happy reading

Enjoy.
~~~~~~

It was 5pm and we were ready to get Subhanallah.arentshouse to meet with his father and mother , Amira would be there too with little Adam. What I knew was that her husband travels a lot so she wasn't at her home all the time if so she would feel lonely with only her son to have. The road was slightly crowded but we made it in time.

Adam knocked on the door and I heard him say something along the line with how weird was it to knock before entering his house , I smiled and before I could say any reply the door swang open and aunty Bahira welcomed us with hugs and kisses. Okay, sure she missed us.

"Alsalamualikum, aunty" I greeted her happily.

"Walikum alsalam, dear" then uncle Bahir came and greeted us happily but in a manly version. Then I found small penguin running or more like walking fast to us I didn't give Adam a chance with him and scooped him up kissing his chubby cheeks multiple of times.

"And I thought he's my nephew" Adam shook his head after trying to reach him and me turning my back to him.

"Seems that he loves me more" as if on clue Adam laughed that baby laugh to me. "See" I tugged my tongue out to Adam.

"I can go home now ,right?" oh we forgot Amira.

"Salamualikum , Ami" Adam kissed her cheeks then I did. I now knew from where Adam got his chubby and squishy cheeks.

After dinner I played with Adam but he fall asleep leaving me with the adults. I remembered the first time visiting this house with my family and me faking my smiles and replies , when I thought sarcastically about aunty Bahira saying 'your' house as in mine and Adam's. Now here I was , accepted and contented with the idea of being with Adam and his family. I remembered not liking Amira just because she was true. I felt it was from so long but they were actually months. A lot happened in few months. Subhanallah.

"He fall asleep?" I looked at the source of the voice and found Amira poking her head in the room, the same room as last time.

"Yeah! He played a lot" I patted his smooth curly hair and he stirred.

"He is a ball of energy, mashaAllah" she commented.

"MashaAllah"

"So how is it with Adam , my brother" she remarked with a smile. Yeah absolutely like our first meet but different condition.

"He's good" I smiled to the air.

"Remember what I said?" When I nodded she smiled "am I wrong or right?"

"Yeah , he's different that sometimes it creeps me out. I was shocked with my mouth hanging open when he first winked to me on our katb kitab" she laughed as I made a shock face.

"Yup, that's my brother. The most lively and playful person even if all people say he isn't or he changed I won't believe them" there was a longing look on her face but quickly she covered it. There was a secret in this family and I wanted to know it.

"Right. I knew he's caring but never knew he is funny and I can laugh around"

"I know he loves you"

"And I do too. That's why I put rules for this love to live forever inshaallah"

"No rules can maintain love, it is the person who does. Believe me, Nada, love lives when you want it to"

"And that requires to show it"

"Not a must" she shrugged

"How so?" Amira had great thoughts that attracted me every time we talked.

"You see, our parents don't have to show it in words or doings they know they love each other and live with it"

"They don't show it at all and that's annoying I don't want this" I made a face.

"But they don't have to , they know it"

"So what? I love Adam and he loves me why can't he show it to strengthen it!"

"You're right. You're newlyweds and all, but after long years together you will not need it like now , you'll be just comfortable with each other"

"If I don't need it and show it then that's not love"

"You don't believe that our parents love each other?" She was so calm just like Adam I thought they took calming pills or something.

"I don't know they are just married" I know they love each other after all it was long years but I wasn't sure anyway.

"Did you see the worry in your mother's eyes when your father got late before! Didn't your father help in the house chores when your mother was seriously ill before and him worrying about her! You saw them when they were newly married and life was hard on them but they still remained together helping and relying on each other! When they woke each other up to pray! Many other things happen but we don't see it as showing love but that's the true love. They say that love is how much 'I love you' or flowers or gifts or so many shallow things sure they are important but not everything"

I was impressed at how she put it in words , I was speechless she was right. I didn't take these things in the list of how to show love.

"How do you know all this" it wasn't meant to be loud but she heard me.

"Simple. I know 'cause I live it"

"Huh?"

"You see I can't have my husband 24/7 but we love each other. Life is hard and we have to be the back and strength for each other. It kills me to farewell him every time he travels as well as it kills him. I see it in his hug and teary eyes"

"You're so strong and wise. You impress me whenever we talk" I said honestly then the door opened revealing Adam, I smiled widely.

"Ready?" He asked

"Yeah" I stood , greeted Amira then went out.

I was grateful to hear these words from Amira it helped me in my life and to hear it from someone close to my age was better. It was like a peace bill and a way to make my thoughts wiser and less shallow as I used to judge things.