27.Rules for life.

Happy reading

Enjoy.
~~~~~~

After dinner with my parents and telling them about our honeymoon we called his parents to meet them tomorrow for dinner.

We entered our home , it was already late so we prayed Isha together and sat on our bed , each diving in his own world.

All my life I dreamed of love. I dreamed like any other girl to be loved , to live happily ever after. Maybe I wasn't that over romantic person to say my Knight in shining armor or my Prince charming or such cliché things. I just dreamt of happily ever after. Those old couples who still live their lives for each other were ,to me, more romantic and more realistic than the beauty and the beast or Snow White or those stupid fairy tales. I did love them when I was younger but thinking deeply about it I didn't find them Aww. But seeing a man whose hair has no single black hair and his face doesn't have a straight part but his eyes still has the sparks of being with his soulmate, with his love, with his wife. Those men who weep on the grave of their wives or those men who still show love to their wives after more than 30 or 40 years together. Those were the people I felt Aww seeing them. Those weren't too many but they were true.

That was what I wanted. My husband showing love in his old and wrinkled state, to still treat me like when he was young , like we were just married, like we weren't old and ugly. I wouldn't lie and say it was just a dream and went away because for me I still was afraid that we would become just another couple who married, had children, live their life consumed by their life's stress and responsibilities. I didn't want much just love and not to be just another couple in the list. I didn't want to be like my parents. I knew they love each other but they just feel it and didn't show it. Never had I saw them kissing or dancing or hugging or even talking in something special for them it always was about work, children and life. That wasn't what Allah said. Why weren't we like those American couple who were 70 but still show love, why we were always tough to our partner.

Women always wanted love but they also knew that wasn't in real life. Did you once talked to your mom about how you would change the world or how you would have a love life and she agreed!? She would say dream as you want but real life isn't like that don't build big dreams so when they don't happen you won't be depressed.

Most men see love as weakness and bla bla bla. That's bullshit. Love is why we live. We can't live without it. Why not show it. Why not bring a flower or say sweet words to your partner in life like you say to your partner in work or your friend. It's irritating how men build a wall to their feelings to not be weak. How is love weakness , it's strength. The prophet was the most loveable person and sweeties person to his wives. Many stories about the love life of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and Aisha (RA) and his love to Khadija (RA). Why aren't all muslim men taking his steps in that thing too. Isn't it the right of your partner.

I was cut from my deep thought and fears ,of not having the live I drew to myself, by Adam.

"What takes this focus from your mind?"

"Just thinking"

"Oh really , Captain Obvious!" He raised eyebrow. Did I mention before that he did it very very good and I love it a lot on him.

"I mean I-- can I demand something?" I asked suddenly.

"And what is your demand, missy" he asked taking me in a side hug. Was he waiting for me to talk when I was like this?

"I--uh-- I want to point rules"

"Rules?" He loosed his hold to look at my face.

"Rules for our life together" he raised an eyebrow waiting for me to continue.
"I always dreamt of my life and I wanted love mainly in it. If we agreed to put rules together we would live perfectly not that perfect anyway but at least we could work things together all the time"

"How?" I could see curiosity in his eyes.

"To be honest I don't like how my parents live also maybe I don't know how they do! so I want to avoid what I hate in their relationship" he nodded waiting for more elaboration.
"Look! Like for simple example we have to forgive each other before we sleep every night" I paused again

"For God's sake ,Nada, say it all without pausing. Wallahi I'm listening"

"Okay. Now I'll tell you some rules like. Umm- 1.kiss me goodnight kiss every night. 2. No secrets. 3.Every now and then help me cook. 4.If you are stressed don't yell at me. 5.If we fight we should make it up before sleep or maximum we take 2 days. 6.--" I was counting on my fingers not looking at him then he put his hands on mine stopping me.

"Are you sure these rules have end. They are too many and they are logical between any couple" he said

"No! They are not logical. Not all the couples are happy. Not all the couples love each other. Not all the couples trust each other. Adam, I don't want boring life. I don't want to be just your wife or just the mother of your kids in the future. I want more than just two persons live together. We have to trust, cherish ,love , share our lives with each other"

"I agree. And now good night" he kissed my forehead and I knew he agreed on my rules too so I returned it and kissed his cheek and we both slept with smiles on our faces. I felt hopeful and happy with his understanding self. He was that flexible person you wish to had as a life-partner.