21.Daddy?!

"Feelings make humans vulnerable. And when you become vulnerable you reach your weakest states where a single word can simply destroy your life. Feelings also cause them to get attached to people, and when you get attached to someone losing them becomes your far worst fear and destructive nightmare"

~~~~~~

Happy reading

Enjoy.
~~~~~~

"Sweetie, why are you late? You didn't call." Mommy said as soon as she had seen me coming in the kitchen.

"Sorry, I was with Adam" I said coolly

"What?why?!" Mommy and daddy exclaimed in unison.

"Calm down guys I was returning the ring and we talked a little"

"Woh! What did you talk about?" That came from daddy and his eyes truly held curiosity for some reason I didn't like their reaction on something small like that.

"Nothing important daddy" I'd let him talk first with daddy like they talked in the first time.

"Yeah, thank God" I was sure that wasn't suppose to be loud but I heard daddy say in low voice. Weird.

I went to my room after having my usual routine and slept. I didn't know why but there was something deep inside me was jumping up and down with joy when I saw Adam and heard his voice as well as hearing that he wanted me back. Even if I acted cool something in me was happy and excited.

When I woke up I went to eat anything from the fridge but I heard daddy talk in a whisper-yell with someone. Weird. Daddy was a very calm one and he didn't do whisper- yells.

"Adam, what are you planing on now? You want to tell her and make my daughter hate me to gain her again! To know in the first place I'm her father she won't believe you and if she does that won't make you the good guy here"

"Just warning you Adam, nothing will happen in any way but mine"

To say I was shocked would be an underestimate. Why?

Easy, first, my daddy never warn or threaten any person. Second, my dad was angry and very serious and he never was that angry. Third, I felt daddy's scared voice and to mention that he wasn't one to be scare of anything and that thing was Adam! Fourth, he was all of these with Adam and he loved Adam tons and I didn't think that would do anything with the breakup or that Adam wanting me back. Fifth, for the second time I heard him talk with Adam about something important with that tone and not to mention what he said about "his daughter" that was me. There was something wrong in this whole thing.

Adam said he couldn't tell me the reason of the breakup then said he was stressed. Mommy and daddy's reaction when I said I met Adam. Adam wanting to talk with daddy first before I was okay with the whole thing again. These things daddy said.

What did they have for me? What did they hide? Why was I that frightened from the answer? Why daddy said Adam wanted to be the good guy or why would I hate daddy? I would die before something like that happen!

I was confused, puzzled, scared and I needed answers.

Next morning.

It was Sunday and I was tossing and rolling on my bed thinking of what I heard and when the clock hit 8am I hopped off my bed to my destination.

I knocked on his door for the second time in row. I knew Adam worked even in his days off specially after his dad decided to work less.

"Come in" I heard his voice and turned the knob. If you wonder how could I come and go without having appointment with his PA I'd tell you that in his place I was still known as his fiancée and I didn't know why he still never changed that.

"Adam!" I got his attention and immediately he snapped his head in my direction.

"Nada" he said with his big smile that caused me to smile back and for seconds I forgot why I was here. I cleared my throat and sat on the empty chair. Before he could speak I did

"I want answers"

"For what?" He asked confused

"I know there is something off with you and daddy what happened and don't you dare lie to me I heard him talk with you yesterday" I paused "I know you're a good Muslim and I know you will never lie, Adam it's not worth disobeying Allah" I reminded him with his words and shut my mouth. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair and I felt more afraid of the truth.

"What did you hear yesterday?" He finally said

"I want to know what happened. Don't answer me with question and I want the whole truth"

"I can't tell you"

"Why?" I snapped

"Sorry Nada I can't"

"That was exactly what you said to daddy before breaking up Adam. Why are you sorry" I all but yelled I didn't like to be like this I want to know the truth even if I was afraid to know

"Your dad wanted me to breakup with you Nada" he snapped and I was shocked not because it was the first time to hear him yell or snap but because it was my daddy who broke my heart. He saw me break and he was just patting my head. He saw me cry and never regretted what he did. And he still didn't want us back just because he was scared Adam would tell me. No it wasn't my daddy he would never do this to his baby girl.

"Happy now?" Adam cut me off from my thoughts.

"Daddy?!" That was all I could say. That was all I had energy to say. Daddy would never hurt me like this and stand watching.