18.Breakup.

-"You can't be afraid of falling in love."

'Falling in love isn't my fear. Love is pretty constant. My fear is the people I fall in love with. People aren't constant. People change all the time.'-
~~~~~~

Happy reading

Enjoy.
~~~~~~

It was Monday and I was showering to quickly go to my work place as I was still new and had a reputation to create. I wasn't the same Queen.Nada that I used to be at school or university, it was a whole different thing. Now I was in real life dealing with all kinds of people; the good as well as the bad ones. From day one I knew I had to be careful with my work. It wasn't funny to have strict manager when you were a new meat as my coworkers said.

As always I was clever to have many friends or work friends would be specified more. I was quietly doing my best not wanting to anger my boss or coworkers and to be proud of myself.

It had been a month since I worked for this company and I was quite happy of myself.
You may wonder what was happening with me and Adam, we were busy with our work and he was flying from place to another to do his father's duties as and I quoted 'I become an old man and Adam has to take my place in hard tasks' that was what uncle Bahir said and that was the reason -what I believed- that separated us in the mean time.

The last time I saw Adam was 2 weeks ago and I somehow missed him and his caring self. We hardly talked and that annoyed me to no end. Day by day I was accepting Adam and now that was my payback.

I huffed and closed my laptop as the clock read 5:00pm. Time to go home. I collected my phone , laptop and purse and went to my car after waving to my coworkers.

Fortunately I reached home in 45 minutes and unlocked the door and here I came to my surprise!!

When I was about to yell 'alsalam alikum' to my parents I heard voices in the living room and when I came closer it was clearly Adam talking with daddy and I guessed they were discussing something important. Wait, why didn't Adam tell me he was coming today?
I was about to open the door when I heard:

"I'm sorry,uncle, I can't" Adam said.

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you ,Adam" daddy said sternly.

"Sorry I still can't. I can't take this anymore,sorry, I'm leaving"

"Wait, Adam, I'm not f--" that was when Adam opened the door and they both froze in their places.
Daddy came to me smiling but Adam was still in his place.

"See! Adam just arrived and came directly to talk with you" daddy said but he was looking at Adam not me. "Right, son" daddy stressed.

"Umm yeah I just arrived" he stuttered and I was looking between them confused. What happened there!?

"Adam, what would you like to tell me and why did you just say you'll leave?" I asked hoping to clear the confusion I felt.

Adam looked behind me then everywhere except me and said the words that broke my heart and left me shocked gaping at his empty place.

"Na-Nada, I just wanted to tell you that- that" Adam cleared his throat then "I want to breakup with you" I waited for a laugh or anything to tell me it was a joke but there wasn't any.
"It wasn't meant from the very beginning , we didn't like one another and it was hard to -to tolerate you,you were right you win" he chuckled bitterly "I'm sorry, Nada I -I -I'm leaving" and with those last words he left.

He left me when I wanted him. When I fall for him. Yes , I loved Adam. Yes, that was my first. It was not only my first love it also was my first hurt, my first heartbreak.

That was it , I brokedown in the arms of my father.

-Sorry extremely short chapter but to suit the breakup.

I know I'm evil but wait and see.

Wait OR DateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara