7.The Engagement.

Thanks for the support :")

I'd like to know your opinion.

Happy reading
Enjoy.
~~~~~~

Today is the day. The engagement day.

I woke up at 9 am with the ringing of my alarm. I walked lazily to the bathroom then to the kitchen, mommy was making breakfast so I helped her with preparing the tea for Daddy and coffe for the rest. I was surprised that mommy was silent and normal I expected her to freak out or something but she was totally normal it wasn't bad anyway.

Since it was friday we all were lazy and woke up late after the breakfast everyone went to their room to do whatever they want. For a while I felt that it was a dream and nothing about the marriage or the engagement happened and it was a normal day but the calendar assured me that it was today it was not like I complained but I was freaked, what happened to the excited mommy , happy daddy and the headache brother.

I didn't know that it was the peace before the storm. Once daddy and Nader came from the 'Friday prayer' I guessed they remembered what day it was and they all returned to their usual talks and teasings.

"Now Nada you need to shower then come here quickly we have loads of work to do" that was mommy when the clock read 1 pm the party was at 7 and I need to get ready to be the Special me in my day not that I was waiting for it but I would never be anything less than perfect specially in such day even if it was only family and close friends I would always remain the Perfect Nada.

After loads of masks and skin creams I had, my face was ready to shine tonight even without makeup thanks for the traits I had from mommy, too bad I had to cover my blonde hair!

Once the clock read 6:30 I wore my dress , made my make-up , simple silver bracelet with its matching ring in my left ring finger since my engagement ring would be in the right one ,finally I put my scarf carefully and wore my black high heels.

The party was in our garden since it was big enough for the two families and close friends, it wasn't super decorated but it was fine.

While I was admiring my appearance in the mirror the door burst open revealing my idiot brother with his stupid big grin, it was the kind of grins which would turn into a smirk anytime.

"Oh my little sister I see you finished with the red riding hood style you wear" he teased.

"I see your vision is in progress" I rolled my eyes and ignored his sarcasm at my red outfit.

"Oh I'll let it go now cause your fiancé arrived and you have to come" the word fiancé irritated me that I shivered, it wouldn't be that bad right? I asked myself and found no answer except that I should know the answer myself.

It's just engagement not wedding I assured myself.

"Okay let's see this fiancé of mine how he looks" I went to my window to see but he was talking and his back was to me that...

"Don't worry sis, he's fine" that boy whenever he opened his stupid mouth I got the urge to put my fist in it and that wink too.

"Don't be jealous, big bro, we know he's better than you" I teased but deep down I knew he was handsome but my brother also was good looking and he was perfect in my eyes.

"Defending him from now, aren't we?" the idiot smirked.

"Idiot" I said and he sticked his tongue out at me childishly, I shook my head at his childish behavior and together we went out. Once we were in the garden I tightened my grip on Nader and he squeezed my hand reassuring.

I looked at him and he nodded. Whatever childish behavior I and Nader did all the time , in serious matters he remained my big brother who took care of me and I couldn't live without him no matter what.

All my family and friends congratulated me and complimented on how gorgeous I was and gave me their wishes to be happy with him, his family did the same but what annoyed me that he didn't compliment on my dress or make-up or anything. Wasn't he supposed to impress me! I think he didn't look in my direction at all except for accidentally few times. Ugh wasn't that stupid event our engagement! what was wrong with him?

That thought remained nagging me till we were alone to talk not that alone Nader and daddy were talking with uncle Bahir in a distant but anyway I asked him I couldn't believe my own fiancé in our engagement didn't compliment me or even hold my hand to put the ring.

"We are not officially together" that was his answer and I was confused even more.

"We are engaged!"

"Engaged doesn't mean we are anything official it's just for people to know you aren't single"

"That's nonsense"

"No, believe me it's not. I don't have the right to hold your hand or even admire your beauty"

"And that's why?" I asked irritated

"Simply, I'm not your husband so I'm not a mehram"

"But if we are engaged then we are going to marry?" It came as a question.

"Who says we are gonna marry for sure. Who knows what would happened in the future it's all in the hands of Allah"

"You have a point but come on it's not big deal you know you could at least compliment, all people do and not all of them mehrams" I said in a matter of fact. People compliment me everyday.

"Because people do that doesn't mean I have to, I'm not gonna disobey Allah because it's not big deal and Allah said that we might think it's small but for Allah it's big"

"Oh" that was what I could say I was listening to a man aka my fiancé giving me a lecture of how wrong that would be and many others hold my hand and admiring my beauty everyday and wanted me to date them and I know they would never think of marrying me. That was different and for some reasons I was convinced!

But again I remembered his sister when she told me 'don't expect anything from him till after marriage' was that what she meant?!