12.House haunting.

Happy reading

Enjoy.
~~~~~~

"Um.." I was standing in front of Noor the next day nervous it wasn't usual for me to apology but we were friends and that was exception cause she was right.

"Just say it Nada , believe me it won't kill your ego" Noor said sarcastically as she was waiting for me to say it for about 5 minutes.

"Um.. You know Noor I didn't mean what I said so.. I'm sorry" I said murmuring the last part. For my surprise Noor broke into a fit of laughter, when I glared at her she tried to compose herself but failed miserably. I huffed and crossed my arms , here I was apologizing and she was laughing at me.

"Oh you really are hilarious I thought you were going to kill someone to be that nervous" she said after what felt like forever.

"Whatever" I huffed and stomped past her and again heard her laughing.

She is such a kid!

My phone interrupted my series of curses and I accepted the call without checking the ID.
"What?" I let it all on the poor caller.

"Woah! I didn't think you'd be that eager to hear from me" oppps that was embarrassing. Stupid Noor.

"Um, sorry I didn't check the caller ID. So what do you want?" I recovered quickly and said.

"Oh that was rude anyway I was checking on you and wanted to tell you about the house" Adam said calmly.
Oh yeah we were house haunting these days since I was about to be busy in the finals. Oh yeah the finals I'd finally finish studying forever. I mentally made a happy dance.

"Are you still here" oh I didn't answer Adam consuming in my little thoughts of not studying again.

"Yeah, I'm free today and tomorrow"

"Okay that's great see you at umm.. 7?"

"Yeah sure, see you" we said our salam and hung up. I was step by step accepting that whole engagement thing but I was still not comfortable about it.

Maybe just maybe he is not that bad!

"'Sup Nada" Zain came from behind me and put his arm around my shoulder but I shrugged pulling it away. I became really uncomfortable by Zain's closeness than before and I couldn't put a finger on the reason.

"Great. What about you?" I smiled

"Fine." He said plainly after a blow from his cigarette. I gussed he noticed my previous behavior.

"What happened to you?"

"Nothing why are you asking that?" He said confused

"Nothing just asking and it is really not usual for you to not have a girlfriend for what.. 4 months that was progress" I teased him but it was true he always had his share with girls all over the university. That was Zain we were talking about.

"No reason they are just boring" he shrugged simply even if I was not convinced I let it pass and just nodded.

I made a mental note to ask Silvia and Matt what was wrong with Zain he was different since the whole marriage thing and I didn't catch why it did anything witeenager it was only my problem.

~~~~~~

"What about this?" David the one who was helping us find the house was now showing us some options to choose from before we go and see the house itself.

I looked at Adam to know his expression he wasn't interested in that one like the first one. Okay he didn't want to say his opinion directly because as he said we were choosing together not me or you. I honestly didn't care what it would be like and I didn't want a big one like my and his parents', so if he liked the first one I'd tell them I liked it and it would be like I chose not him. I never thought Adam would be that sensitive.

"Umm.. Honesty I liked the first one more than those three" I said and the smile on Adam's face was so wide and genuine that brought a smile on my face and my decision was worth it!

"Okay I'll check on something and we can go after" David excused himself and Adam was excited like a kid on his first day to write with a pen as weird as it sounds.

"You could've told me you liked it directly I won't eat you, you know?" I said once we were alone.
He looked at me with a sheepish smile. Oh did I mention it was cute!

"I didn't want to be demanding and maybe you didn't like it." He looked at me and said "it would be our house not one of us" my heart skipped a beat by his sincerity.

Oh and now I sound like a teenager girl.

I swear I blushed and I didn't know why; it wasn't like he said he loved me I was such a hormonal teenager at that moment.

Yeah teenager in front of her crush! The stupid voice in my head pointed out and I just shook my head to get rid of such stupidity.

You can't ignore it Nada. You don't blush even if someone compliments you! If that voice was a thing I would've broke it for its stupidity and annoyance.

I don't like him!

Yeah right. The voice sang in my head. Stupid inner voice.

I was talking to myself like a complete psycho. Great!