Chapter 63 - The End

Cry’s P.O.V

~Exactly Ten Years Later~

It was getting late in the evening, almost 8pm yet I couldn’t seem to move myself from the kitchen chair. My eyes were fixed on the calendar which hung on the wall as the noise of my friends in the other room was mostly blocked by the tightly shut kitchen door.

It had been exactly ten years since Felix’s funeral, exactly ten years and two weeks since he died and I was nearly 30, still 29 but almost 30. Yet, although it had been what some would call ‘forever’ since his death...I still felt something during this month. It wasn’t half as bad as what it used to be but it was still there...I still missed him but I was coping. I had made a life for myself... a family.

I’d finally began seriously working on my YouTube channel a year after he’d left us...for awhile it was the only thing keeping me going. It gave me something to work towards and by the time I’d turned 24 I had over 700,000 thousand subscribers. I did weekly streams with my friends and the world seemed to be my oyster. My friends and I never spoke of how we met; making up alternate pasts seemed the better option, according to our fans the Experience competition was not linked to us at all, although it still remained a disaster to this day.

Sometimes, I’d find myself wondering...what would have happened if Felix hadn’t died? What would he have been able to achieve? Who would he have met? What would his life be like now?

“Honey!” The kitchen door swung open and I smiled at the warm, beautiful face I’d come to know so well. She paused for a moment, glancing from me to the calendar then smiling at me softly. I watched her walk over, dropping the empty glasses on the table.

“Our guests have been wondering where you’d disappeared to,” she whispered as I pulled her onto my lap, hearing her laugh softly. Her English had gotten so much better these past years.

“I’m sorry,” I murmured, planting a kiss on her lips and pulling away, brushing her freshly cut blonde waves out her vibrant green eyes.

Russ poked his head through the door, sniggering.

“We’re just about to leave,” he told us before Red came into view.

“Mum! Do we have to leave! I want to sleep at Uncle Cry’s house!” The small, four-year old ran into the kitchen. His brown hair reminded me of how Russ’ had been when we first met and it never failed to make me chuckle.

“Oi you! Don’t be too loud. You’ll wake Gracie,” Red warned, grabbing her son by the hand and pulling him back. I must say, it had come as a shock when they’d told me they were having a kid all those years ago but Tom was a great kid and I was just happy we’d kept in touch all this time. Although they never visited much, we’d still talk on Skype all the time...we still streamed on Saturdays although I was closing on thirty and now had a new addition to the household to consider. Then again...that hadn’t stopped Russ and Red.

“You’re leaving? So soon?” I asked them, unable to hide the disappointment from my voice. This year would be the first time Russ hadn’t stayed with me during this day. For the past ten years it had been a tradition for the gang to get together on this day, to stay together throughout this night...

Ken was on a camping trip with his wife, Danielle and their two daughters, Ellie and Sarah, while Scott had to save money with his fiancée, Raven for their wedding in six months so couldn’t afford to get time off work to visit us in Sweden.  

God, a lot can happen in ten years.  

“Sorry, man. We’ve got an early flight tomorrow...but you’re coming down to Florida next month to see your family, right? We’ll probably see you then,” Russ told me.