Chapter 29

A/N: Hey Guys! I'm sorry today's update is so late but as least it's here right? No...Okay I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for the confusion over Chapter 28, it decided to go walk abouts but it's back with us now so all is good in the world once more. I'd also like to take a moment to thank you all for reading. Your comments and that are very much appreciated and you've all made me a very happy Lemon =D

Cry’s P.O.V

“What’s the plan exactly?” Nicky called to me as I walked ahead, water dripping from the clothes which clung to me, making me shiver but I wasn’t bothered by the chill.

“We keep walking until we find everyone,” I answered simply, feeling my shoes squelch as I trudged through the damp sand. I felt heavy...like I was carrying a weight with me. I guess it was all this water absorbed into my clothes.

“And...If we don’t?” she asked quietly. My eyes flashed up to the dull grey sky above me. This place turns nasty really fast.

“If we don’t then...then you can do whatever you came here to do and I’ll...I’ll keep walking.”

“Sir?” She ran to catch up to me, looking up at me with weary eyes. She was exhausted, and so was I but I had to find my friends. We needed to get to the bunker. I couldn’t lose any of them...not like Scott. “Sir? What if your friends have gone to the bunker? They may have thought you’d be there and gone to look for you,” she suggested but I began shaking my head.

“No. They wouldn’t do that,” I said sternly, certain of it...almost certain of it. Pewds wouldn’t leave me anyway. I closed my eyes for a moment, haunted by the look on his face when that wave had come. It swept him away so easily. What if he’s still out there? What if he’s lost below the surface? What would happen to him? Does that mean he’d failed? Would that mean he was eliminated? I had to find him. I had to find Russ and Red and Ken. I even had an urge to find Snake.

“Well I guess I’m stuck following you then,” she sighed.

“You can go.”

“I came here to take you all to the bunker...that’s what I’m going to do,” she snapped.

“Okay.” I wasn’t going to argue with her, not after everything that’s just happened. I’m just thankful I’m not alone. At least I have someone.

“Thanks for helping me back on the boat,” Nicky murmured awhile later.

“I didn’t do anything.” I stopped, seeing something move in the distance but carried on walking when I realised it was only a palm tree which had toppled over.

“You did. If that wave would have hit me...I don’t know what would have happened. Look at me Sir, I don’t exactly have sturdy bones,” she chuckled and flung her skinny arms in the air.    

“You can call me Cry,” I told her. She’d been calling me ‘Sir’ all this time. I hadn’t realised it was because I hadn’t shared my name.

“Cry? That’s an odd name.”

“I guess.”

“Do you cry a lot?” she asked and I began laughing at the question.

“No. Not a lot,” I chuckled, shaking my head and sending water droplets running down my neck. The rain had settled a little now although it still fell lightly around us.

“Oh...but you cry sometimes?” she asked.

“I guess. Doesn’t everyone?”

“When was the last time you cried?”

“Shut up Nicky,” I laughed and shoved her shoulder gently. She turned away smiling and began scanning through the growth of trees which stood to our left, surrounding a large mountain, as the sea remained to our right.