Chapter 38

PewDie’s P.O.V                             

Stephano...I wish he would leave me alone.

“Listen to me...”

“No!” I cut him off, hearing the static for a few seconds before the arguing continued. 

“You can’t do this,” he told me. 
“I’ve made my mind up.”

“It’s against the rules.”

“Shut up.”

“I...I won’t let you.”

“Oh yeah? What are you going to do?”

“I’ll tell Anna.”

“Really...What’s the matter with you?!”

“You can’t just leave PewDie!”

“I thought you’d understand.”

“I do but...”

“Stop it!”

“Just listen to me...”

“No!”                      

 Finally the static cut off, leaving me alone and I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath and enjoying the silence. Sometimes I hated that stupid French accent.

The tears leaked from my eyes and fell across my cheeks, bringing with them a ticklish sensation which I ignored. Not now. Not after the news I’d just had.

Anger shot though me and I grabbed a pile of clothes, throwing them into my suitcase before grabbing a few other belongings. My hands were too clumsy and my vision was so blurred that most of my stuff fell onto the floor. I was on the brink of breaking, of just collapsing onto the floor and crying but a soft knock on my door distracted me.

“Pewds,” a familiar voice called with care. The love in his voice caused a tearful sob to escape my lips. I chocked back the rest and began rubbing my eyes, not wanting him to see me like this.

My door made a soft creaking sound as it opened but I couldn’t bring myself to look at him, knowing my eyes were red and sore and knowing he’d soon know what was going on.

I probably looked as bad as I felt.

“Hey...” he whispered softly and I felt his hands on my face, forcing me to look at him. “What’s wrong?”

I stared into the eyes of his mask, needing now, more than ever to see the real eyes behind them but knowing he’d never show them. Not even to comfort me. Not even to help make my world right again.

Everything was wrong.

Everything was a mess.

In the end I pulled away, unable to look at the blank gaze any longer but he followed me inside, just like I knew he would.

I wonder what he was thinking, walking in here to find in the state it was...to find me in the state I was. I rubbed my eyes again, wiping away fresh tears as my mother’s words flooded back to me.

I need to get home.

The thought sent me reeling over to my draw, collecting more clothes and throwing them into my suitcase.

“Pewds...” Cry murmured, wanting me to tell him he’d got the wrong idea...but he hadn’t.

“No...Cry...” I said, getting his attention and staring up at him again. “Cry, I’m leaving.”